Can’t unlock from passenger side

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Toffer68

Post by Toffer68 »

I have never been able to open or unlock my passenger door since I got my puma st line x edition and I'm always getting a message saying locks and start stop have been disabled to preserve battery life

Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Toffer68 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:25 am I have never been able to open or unlock my passenger door since I got my puma st line x edition and I'm always getting a message saying locks and start stop have been disabled to preserve battery life
Mine is currently at the dealer because of an issue of an undercharged battery. When the battery is below 25% the features such as locking, stop/start are disabled. My advice is get I touch with ford
Toffer68

Post by Toffer68 »

Ok thxs hope you get sorted
V3 GMB

Post by V3 GMB »

Nooooooo, my March 2021 Puma ST has just gone to the dealer for the same passenger door unlock issue. Dealer just rang and said they had to charge the battery overnight!!! Car is used daily WTF!
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Take no crap! Tell them there is an issue with the crappy Rombat battery and tell them you want it replaced.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
MagneticGrey

Post by MagneticGrey »

Stoopo wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:46 pm Take no crap! Tell them there is an issue with the crappy Rombat battery and tell them you want it replaced.
I frequently can't unlock the front passenger door from the fob, but I can unlock both of the rear doors. I'm not sufficiently bothered to go back to the dealer. I have only twice had the message regarding remote features being disabled to preserve battery life, but (fingers crossed) have never had the deep sleep message.
Several times I have had the car standing for 5 days with no messages, but on the occasions I had the message it had been standing for less than that (in one instance, only a few hours)
Puma ST-Line X 155 Magnetic (previous)
Nissan Qashqai Tekna E-Power (present)
chelseakeith

Post by chelseakeith »

I too have this fault , passenger door does not open when using the central locking , all other doors open fine. Door opens ok from the inside and works perfectly until it is central locked and then does not open.car has been at ford dealers and they could not find a fault , when they gave me the car back it did actually work first go…..but then next day back to same fault.
How many more cars have this fault and what are ford doing about it?

UPDATE.
after months of this passenger door fault , it has corrected itself and has now worked perfectly well for the last 3 months . Don’t understand it but glad it’s working fine now.

Further update.
Unable to get in car , remote not working , changed battery , used spare still no good , used actual key to get into car , but seems as if battery totally flat , even though car used daily and not for short journeys .
Attached jump leads to another car battery and puma burst into life , that’s without even turning the other car on!!!!!!!
Yes mines a rombat battery.getting a bit fed up of this car .
Final update.
Decided to sell , made a couple of grand after 12 months ownership , so can’t complain.
My overall view of the ford puma
Great engine , good to drive , well equipped , very comfortable and economical , let down by notchy gearbox ( improves when engine warmed up) jerky brakes , not very reliable.
So no more updates from me.
Last edited by chelseakeith on Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Almost certainly the fix is a module update. Don't know which module covers that but others on here do.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Kemills1

Post by Kemills1 »

My Puma ST has started doing the same thing. Keyless entry on passenger side not working. App sending messages the car has gone to sleep. SYNC rebooting itself. Looked at the battery and it’s a Rombat.
Mean Green Puma ST performance.
Starbar

Post by Starbar »

Mine has been doing this over the holidays rear passenger and front passenger doors not unlocking
I opened the door and with the door open locked the switch in the door with my hand and then unlocked with key fob and it is now unlocking. I don’t know how long this will last but I also get the message that things have been disabled to save battery