Can’t unlock from passenger side

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
2bar

Post by 2bar »

robgee wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:23 am I would get them to check if there is any software updates for the BCM module ?

Service functions of that module state

Reset the Battery Monitoring Sensor Learned Values

This application will reset the learned values of the Battery Monitoring Sensor stored by the BCM

20191204-G2148570-2
Exactly what they have done,cars ready to be pickup so I'll let you no if it all ok

2bar

Post by 2bar »

After picking the car up from fords after been told the puma has had a new software update and that has fixed the passenger door opening problem well 18 hours later surprise surprise I still have the same problem.NOT HAPPY Im even thinking back the car and get my money back. And another thing dont call the aa or rac out cause they dont have the new software for the puma so cant fix the car
Duncraig

Post by Duncraig »

I'm a newbie ( ST Line First Edition, Desert Island Blue, 155BHP ) and I too have the Deep Sleep error. Ford say they are investigating and will advise when they have a solution.
This is the e-mail I got on 4/8/2020

Good Evening Alistair,

Thankyou for your email. I hope you are well.

Apologies for the misunderstanding. The issue that you are describing is known to us and your case has been escalated to our technical team. However, if you have concerns with the battery, it is advised to still have this checked by the dealership.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Katie Joyce
FordPass Guide.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Welcome along. How's it been so far? I see your email is dated 4/8. I have a 69 plate car that has shown no faults with the hybrid system. It kicked off a bit last week with regards to a recall.... It's been quiet ever since.
Duncraig

Post by Duncraig »

Well there's been a stunning silence from Ford since the e-mail on the 4th August. I fired off a mail today asking why there might of Ford can't solve a problem that's plaguing a number of Pumas. I'll update when ( and if ) I get a reply. Passenger door lock and unlock still dodgy too.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I noticed that your email dated 4/8 was replied to by a Ford Pass guide. Having used them in the past they've been pretty quick to tell me that they are unable to help with anything other than Ford Pass issues.

You might be better off calling the Ford assist number and escalating your case through CRC. There's every chance your original email did not reach Ford technical.
Duncraig

Post by Duncraig »

My car has a “Deep Sleep” fault which Ford are looking to cure It reports that the car is shutting down to preserve battery charge even though the battery is at 12.5v. When this kicks in the passenger door handle will neither lock or unlock by touch. If I drive 20 miles or more the passenger handle is fully operational until Deep Sleep appears as a message on my phone and that’s it until the next journey of a few miles. If you don’t have Ford Pass on your phone install it and see if you have the same fault which the Ford Helpdesk says is a known problem.
mart108

Post by mart108 »

How do you contact the ford help desk? I tried through the pass app but they weren't interested..
2bar

Post by 2bar »

Best way to get fords attention to any problem with your pumas is post your problems on ford uk facebook page,you will get a instant reply,this is what I did with this problem which lead to my rejection of my puma
Duncraig

Post by Duncraig »

Update :- My car went in for "investigation" and the dealer said the battery was only at 75% and should be higher so they would charge the battery. I pointed out that the day before I'd done a 50 mile trip and prior to dropping the car off I'd driven 20 miles so in this day and age an alternator should keep the battery charged? No answer. So they charged it to 98% and proudly showed me the handle locking and unlocking. I told them when it sleeps the handle doesn't work. "Oh no that won't happen" Surprise, surprise two days later the fault is back and I've taken a video of the handle working/not working before and after sleeping. Ford phoned and said they'd need to contact Technical support as this has never happened before. She was shocked when I told her I knew of at least 10 others with the same fault and the non working surround sound feature as well. She said it wasn't fitted to my car and only added after January 2020. I pointed out the brochure said the car had a 10 Speaker B&O Surround Sound Audio package so that'll be interesting.