Trim missing

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
alanp

Post by alanp »

Have only just noticed this ( or rather my son did) , at the rear door handle release inside, there’s a piece of trim missing just behind the handle, rang the garage and the helpline said the diary is now closed( it’s closing permanently) she said she would email someone there and get them to call me but I’m not holding my breath, would I be able to go to my local ford dealer, who I plan to use anyway, and claim it under warranty, I can’t see it being a major job to fit it as as far as I can see it just clips in, I don’t think it’s fallen off anywhere as the rear is hardly used, so I’ve no idea if it wasn’t fitted at the factory or if someone has pulled it off, ( it’s an ex demo) ..
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

You might struggle to get it FOC or on warranty. As they weren't the supplying dealer. Can't see it costing a lot.

Perhaps you can butter them up. A box of toffees might help.....
alanp

Post by alanp »

I can only try, they’ve looked after my last two cars, the last one bought new from them, so hopefully I’m a valued customer, but if I have to pay then I will, I’ll see if the dealer comes back to me..
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

It’s a Ford under a Ford warranty, not a dealer specific warranty. Contact Ford customer service if there’s a problem
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Jiipee

Post by Jiipee »

You should be able to use any Ford dealer for warranty work.
robgee

Post by robgee »

Was just cleaning the inside of mine and i have the same issue

IMG_0670.JPG

Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
alanp

Post by alanp »

Is that the rear door behind the driver seat?
robgee

Post by robgee »

alanp wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:07 pm Is that the rear door behind the driver seat?
Yes, been into a garage today and they are ordering me one
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
bucketp

Post by bucketp »

Mine kept falling out. Bit of super glue sorted it
alanp

Post by alanp »

Well, this is turning into a bit of a saga, went to the garage a couple of weeks ago, mainly to get my battery checked but I thought I might as well order the bit of trim that’s missing, saw the bloke from parts and he said he would order the part, “ how much” says I, “ we,ll sort it “ says Phil, ( parts man ) , so he ordered it and said it’ll be in on Tuesday, but as I finish work the same time the garage closes, it would have to be Saturday morning, Turned up on Saturday, “ I’m sorry, it’s not arrived” says Phil, he’d reorder it and I’d go back on Saturday, so yesterday I went in, parts arrived yay, ( Phil not in) , “ that’ll be £4.75 says Richard ( boo)
Ok not exactly going to break the bank, so went to fit said part...ONLY THE OTHER SIDE, so back into garage, ?it’s coming on Tuesday....we’ll they say third times a charm...