Brake disc scoring

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

My front and rear brake discs (o/s or drivers side) are quite badly scored. Front worse than rear. The foot brake is quite noisy too. Or perhaps the car is too quiet.

Left or n/s are unmarked.

I've either been unlucky (again) and caught stones or the brake linings are defective.

Any of you experiencing this?

20200617_162603.jpg

robgee

Post by robgee »

Haven't noticed it on mine but will have a closer look when I give it a clean at the weekend
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
bazzer

Post by bazzer »

Hi, Both rear disc's scored on mine, cars only done 2300 miles. Never had this on any other car before
zoo

Post by zoo »

Sorry for the potentially stupid question. Have you broken in the car "properly"? I mean, soft breaks etc. on the first 2000 miles? If yes, this is weird.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

zoo wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:14 pm Sorry for the potentially stupid question. Have you broken in the car "properly"? I mean, soft breaks etc. on the first 2000 miles? If yes, this is weird.
Not sure about "properly". I drive relatively hard from day 1, always have done, however I don't thrash from cold, I also brake progressively.

Only 2 discs off side damaged, 2 near side unmarked.

Can only be poor quality brake linings or foreign object damage.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

3k on the clock, discs are fine on mine.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Mine are fine after 4.5K
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
Iain C

Post by Iain C »

Ours are a little noisy - the discs looked quite rusty but don’t seem to be scored. I’ve put it down to the fact the car has been laid up for a couple of months and hoping things quieten down once we’ve done a few more miles.
Ford Puma Titanium First Edition mhev 125 - Grey Matter
Jiipee

Post by Jiipee »

Iain C wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:37 am Ours are a little noisy - the discs looked quite rusty but don’t seem to be scored. I’ve put it down to the fact the car has been laid up for a couple of months and hoping things quieten down once we’ve done a few more miles.
It's normal for the discs to get rusty even if you let the car stand in moist enough weather for 1-2 days. Few spirited brake uses will get the rust off.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Wdf76 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:37 pm My front and rear brake discs (o/s or drivers side) are quite badly scored. Front worse than rear. The foot brake is quite noisy too. Or perhaps the car is too quiet.

Left or n/s are unmarked.

I've either been unlucky (again) and caught stones or the brake linings are defective.

Any of you experiencing this?

20200617_162603.jpg
did you get this sorted ?

mine have been noisy the last few weeks, thought it was all the salt so give a good hose when washing, have put approx 350 miles on it this week ( now 1300) and are still noisy, some scoring on the n/s rear, I have seen brakes in poor condition before on friends cars and not had any noise.
I have took it easy for the the first 1000 miles so not sure if it is poor material ?
Will give dealer a ring tomorrow.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )