Dash cam

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
alanp

Post by alanp »

Hi guys, anyone got a dash cam hardwired, if so what fuses did you use
I have a temporary cam fitted but have it plugged into the power outlet, I want a front and rear set up but I might try doing it myself if I’ve time,
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything

PumaGuy

Post by PumaGuy »

I'm going to use a piggy back fuse holder in fuse 2, the 10 A for Parking Assist Module. The fuse is a micro 2 style and I will be using a 7.5 A to connect a Blackvue B-112 Battery pack in the glove box. My dash cam will be powered from the battery pack.
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

I've got a Nextbase 522GW, with interior/rear facing module. Halfords fit it for free if you buy the hardwire kit which I needed anyway.

Really funny as the fitter had never heard of the Puma, this was a few months back when I had it fitted but was relieved when he found out the fuse box was the same as a fiesta. The manager came out to look at the car as it's the first one they'd seen before.
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
alanp

Post by alanp »

Problem solved, getting an auto electrician to install it £65, not worth me getting my hands dirty for that..
robgee

Post by robgee »

Quite fancy a dash cam but don't like the idea of wires being visible, when Halfords install do they hide the wires ?
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
alanp

Post by alanp »

robgee wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:05 am Quite fancy a dash cam but don't like the idea of wires being visible, when Halfords install do they hide the wires ?
I had a nextbase front and rear cam installed in my fiesta last year by Halfords, the only wires visible were at the connection into the cameras, which will be with most dash cams, they did a good job, would have used them again but not sure when they are installing stuff again. I suppose also it will depend on the camera and who installs it, some fitters might do a better job of hiding the wires that go into the cam.
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

robgee wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:05 am Quite fancy a dash cam but don't like the idea of wires being visible, when Halfords install do they hide the wires ?
Yea they do a really good job, not a wire in sight. The only bit is the centimetre or so where it plugs in to the camera but because the camera is installed on the black etched part of the windscreen you can’t see it.
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
Layters

Post by Layters »

Hi, as jackthelad I got my Nextbase522gw fitted by Halfords for free on their offer.The guy who fitted it was his first Puma, but as per other replies the fitting is the same as a Fiesta. See pic very please and now will always have a car with a dash cam, after a white van incident 😡 on my side of the road 😡😡😡Image

C4FB8B64-3FD5-4042-A11B-F7C8765249B1.jpeg

JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Layters wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:02 am Hi, as jackthelad I got my Nextbase522gw fitted by Halfords for free on their offer.The guy who fitted it was his first Puma, but as per other replies the fitting is the same as a Fiesta. See pic very please and now will always have a car with a dash cam, after a white van incident 😡 on my side of the road 😡😡😡Image
Sorry to hear that mate, I’m the same I think they’re worth their weight in gold as on my last car mine managed to catch someone in Tesco who deliberately keyed the side whilst parked, and help the police catch a couple who were going round deliberately causing crash and cash accidents for insurance payouts which put me in hospital. If I didn’t have the dash cam footage in the eyes of the law the crash would’ve been ruled as my fault even though it wasn’t!

3B85C2D9-C714-4C18-B370-D0C03EA8A3AE.jpeg

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

It's about time manufacturers fitted them as standard. To be isolated if you're not interested or worried about big brother.

I think Citroen fit one in their c3 aircross. Don't know of any others.