Dash cam

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

The numbers are the map co-ordinates, you should also have speed (as well as time). They are all options though in the app settings on the phone

Mounting location is critical. I have a slight smudge on the right of the picture that I assume is part of the mirror mount, but it’s so slight I hadn’t noticed it until I read your post

Could I ask whereabouts on the sync screen you are seeing controls for the camera please?

microbe

Post by microbe »

tonyt2021 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:50 pm The numbers are the map co-ordinates, you should also have speed (as well as time). They are all options though in the app settings on the phone

Mounting location is critical. I have a slight smudge on the right of the picture that I assume is part of the mirror mount, but it’s so slight I hadn’t noticed it until I read your post

Could I ask whereabouts on the sync screen you are seeing controls for the camera please?
Yes I do have speed having re-looked at the video. All of the videos I have are stationery so did not see the number moving. I must have turned the camera off when I was playing around yesterday as the 6 trips made yesterday and today we're not recorded.

The controls for the camera are under the mobile apps tab along with ford pass and something else. The camera must be switched on to show (I think)
Puma ST-Line X 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Desert Island Blue 2021
Deleted User 361

microbe wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:05 pm The controls for the camera are under the mobile apps tab along with ford pass and something else. The camera must be switched on to show (I think)
Thanks, will take a look
microbe

Post by microbe »

My dealer has reacted positively to my camera problem and is collecting it on Friday to re-position.

I am well pleased - if it comes back properly positioned
Deleted User 361

microbe wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:50 pm My dealer has reacted positively to my camera problem and is collecting it on Friday to re-position.

I am well pleased - if it comes back properly positioned
That’s good news

I might ask for mine to be moved whenever it’s in for something else, though it’s barely noticeable
robgee

Post by robgee »

Makes interesting reading as was waiting to pull the trigger on one of the Ford ones as i have some ford vouchers to use but now i might wait until you have had yours a little longer and see if they are worth it ..
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
microbe

Post by microbe »

robgee wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:45 pm Makes interesting reading as was waiting to pull the trigger on one of the Ford ones as i have some ford vouchers to use but now i might wait until you have had yours a little longer and see if they are worth it ..
You might want to look elsewhere robgee

My car has just come back from having the camera moved and although the intrusion of the mirror housing has been reduced it is still there. In addition there was no recording of the journey to and from the dealer although there were two recordings from inside the workshop. In addition it kept telling me that it was disconnecting so that I had no control and it looks as though it stopped recording. I have emailed the sales rep (he is on leave today) to say I want to reject and have my money refunded.
robgee

Post by robgee »

Oh dear doesnt sound that good, but thanks for the feedback.

Looks like i might have to spend my vouchers on something else...
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
microbe

Post by microbe »

I have done some more investigating this morning and results seem dependant on mobile phone used. My Samsung galaxy S8 struggles to maintain a connection with the camera and fails to show the picture live but does allow the controls to show on the sync screen. My wife's Samsung galaxy A10 maintains connection easily and shows live video but appears to stop the camera controls appearing on the screen. I do not understand why.

I need take the car out for a run to see how it acts before making final judgement
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

I emailed the app developers recently as I heard that at present it only records events, not all the time. Their reply was that ability is coming in a future app update. Although I love how it looks I've stuck with my Nextbase at the moment purely for that reason.
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022