Dash cam

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

still not available on the Ford shop website...Have you got a link?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

I’ve already requested a fitted price so I can let you how much IF my dealer fancies the job!
Marcusfofo

Post by Marcusfofo »

robgee wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:07 am The Ford ones have just been released today £268.00 INCLUDING VAT but it doesn't say about fitting
damn!! I need to see the connector to understand which pin are useful
Deleted User 229

Sparks wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:34 pm still not available on the Ford shop website...Have you got a link?

https://shop.ford.co.uk/products/dashbo ... ith-sync-3

It looks like they have sold out already!
Marcusfofo

Post by Marcusfofo »

incredible!!! As you can see, btw, the power is takne from a wire into the mirror plastic..I want to do the same connector for my aftermarket dashcam
Andi

Post by Andi »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:38 pm
Sparks wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:34 pm still not available on the Ford shop website...Have you got a link?

https://shop.ford.co.uk/products/dashbo ... ith-sync-3

It looks like they have sold out already!
They are in stock now, I just looked. Est Despatch by 28th.
Deleted User 229

Andi wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:45 pm They are in stock now, I just looked. Est Despatch by 28th.

Yes, they are/were in and out of stock like a yoyo.
Marcusfofo

Post by Marcusfofo »

I've seen the wires... nothing useful, also the stock has a plug & play wire that unfortunately has to be passed from dashcam to cockpit or something like that
Marcusfofo

Post by Marcusfofo »

Finally I've installed the dashcam as I' mounted it on my FOCUS ST. It's so much easier than on the Focus to hide the wires from roof to fuse box
pb-fr

Post by pb-fr »

Hi,
I ended up selling the dashcam I already had (Vantrue N2) when I got the Puma as I found I couldn't find a place on the screen where that big block behind the rear-view mirror didn't block half the field of view. Has anyone else run into this when fitting theirs? I've looked at the Ford one and a Ford garage in Belgium quoted me the 300€ price shown on the web site plus about 160€ fitting. The dealer here in France where I bought the car told me it couldn't be retrofitted (bodes well... not). I am now considereing the Garmin Mini which seems to be the smallest one on the market at the moment.