Dash cam

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

No don't think so easily accessible
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D

DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

No, fuses are below the glove box and behind a small contoured slip off cover.
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
bdcp

Post by bdcp »

Is the bolt in the back really the only ground? I can't reach it

Ford Puma | ST Line | 2021 | 92kW / 125PS | Blazer Blue | Manual | Comfort Pack | Driver Assistant Pack
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

bdcp wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:03 am Is the bolt in the back really the only ground? I can't reach it

Yep, I could not get to it either. I fitted my dashcam, routed the wires and piggybacked into fuse 2, but had to get a younger more agile family member to get to that earth bolt using a socket extension and ratchet.
bdcp

Post by bdcp »

cianpars wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:31 am
bdcp wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:03 am Is the bolt in the back really the only ground? I can't reach it
Yep, I could not get to it either. I fitted my dashcam, routed the wires and piggybacked into fuse 2, but had to get a younger more agile family member to get to that earth bolt using a socket extension and ratchet.
Damn now i have to buy a ratchet.

Also why is no one using Fuse #8? It's not used by anything according to the manual.
Ford Puma | ST Line | 2021 | 92kW / 125PS | Blazer Blue | Manual | Comfort Pack | Driver Assistant Pack
bdcp

Post by bdcp »

pb-fr wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:19 pm After a few weeks of using it I am very happy with the Garmin Mini. Almost as discrete as the Ford one, good quality image and the lack of GPS doesn't bother me. I fitted it with the Garmin Parking Mode kit, which is damn expensive for what it is, but seems good at turning off to protect the battery and easy enough to fit. I plumbed it into fuses 2 and 15 for switched and permanent 12V supplies respectively. Now I just need to fix the wire into the roof liner properly (huge gap) and where it runs round the block behind the rear view mirror.

The biggest downside is that the park mode doesn't stay on very long after stopping - ok for shorter trips to the shops, but won't do a whole day (or probably even half a day) on the car park at work.IMG_0567.jpg
If i understand correctly, you used fuse 2 for the yellow cable (battery) and fuse 15 for the red cable (accessory)? So if i don't want it permanently on, i just don't connect the red cable?
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Mines just plugged into the 12v socket. Works great and very very little wire showing.

Good little camera. I think I paid around £30 for it last summer though. Comes with rear camera option too but I found that too tricky to fit.

Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
kevmond

Post by kevmond »

bdcp wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:03 pm
pb-fr wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:19 pm After a few weeks of using it I am very happy with the Garmin Mini. Almost as discrete as the Ford one, good quality image and the lack of GPS doesn't bother me. I fitted it with the Garmin Parking Mode kit, which is damn expensive for what it is, but seems good at turning off to protect the battery and easy enough to fit. I plumbed it into fuses 2 and 15 for switched and permanent 12V supplies respectively. Now I just need to fix the wire into the roof liner properly (huge gap) and where it runs round the block behind the rear view mirror.

The biggest downside is that the park mode doesn't stay on very long after stopping - ok for shorter trips to the shops, but won't do a whole day (or probably even half a day) on the car park at work.IMG_0567.jpg
If i understand correctly, you used fuse 2 for the yellow cable (battery) and fuse 15 for the red cable (accessory)? So if i don't want it permanently on, i just don't connect the red cable?

12V Power is piggy backed off of a Fuse (F3: Parking aid module or F4: Ign Switch) and "Earth" is done from Chassis ground ( I used Fork terminal and additional nut to bolt it to the 13mm nut shown it the Pic)
White ST with Performance pack.
ackers159

Post by ackers159 »

This silver bolt here is an earth and easier to get to

EEB71231-AC75-4A82-BA0F-60BD83656BD6.jpeg

sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

"Earth" is done from Chassis ground, I don't think this bolt is that.
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6