Dash cam

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

I’d agree with microbe, expensive for what it is but nice and discrete I think and seems to do everything it needs to (it’s the only dashcam I’ve had though)

But the sync integration is minimal, and with CarPlay connected the sync mobile apps is greyed out on the Ford sync screen so I can’t access it at all from the sync screen. But not a problem as far as I’m concerned as it has a big button on it!

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

What happens when you change cars? If you move to another manufacturer will the camera work or is it reliant on Sync3?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
robgee

Post by robgee »

tonyt2021 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:49 am I’d agree with microbe, expensive for what it is but nice and discrete I think and seems to do everything it needs to (it’s the only dashcam I’ve had though)

But the sync integration is minimal, and with CarPlay connected the sync mobile apps is greyed out on the Ford sync screen so I can’t access it at all from the sync screen. But not a problem as far as I’m concerned as it has a big button on it!
Cheers :)
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Deleted User 361

Sparks wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:58 am What happens when you change cars? If you move to another manufacturer will the camera work or is it reliant on Sync3?
Looking at fitting instructions (on another forum) I don’t see any sync specific cabling which would suggest the integration to sync app is over Bluetooth possibly

If that’s the case it should work without sync unless it gets any information like speed from sync

No idea though to be honest!

Will probably leave mine in the car
Deleted User 361

Actually, mobile apps on sync reflect sync apps on the phone? (I don’t use sync apps)

So it’s the phone Bluetooth it’s using, as with the phone app when accessed on the phone
Deleted User 361

A word of caution on the new always record function

There's an option to set how long each of the clips is (default is 1 minute) so I set it to 5 minutes so they'd be less files (quantity wise)

When I tried to download a clip to the phone, which it said was about X mb, it kept counting up to about twice X and when it said it was finished the clip wasn't on the phone

I set it back to 1 minute and was able to download a 1 minute clip fine

It seems like a bug, and it would be a problem if trying to retrieve something important if it's not just a one off issue (no idea if the clip could of been retrieved by extracting the memory card and plugging into a laptop)
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I take it the sd card is a micro which makes it really fiddly to remove and replace. This method would be emergency use only for me. If it dropped into one of windscreen vents your probably talking irretrievable.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 361

Rizmo wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:27 pm I take it the sd card is a micro which makes it really fiddly to remove and replace. This method would be emergency use only for me. If it dropped into one of windscreen vents your probably talking irretrievable.
Haven’t ever removed it, but yes it’s a MicroSDXC. (Needs to be an industrial version because of the operating environment)
robgee

Post by robgee »

It’s gone from the site again ...
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Think your supposed to format the card every few months which can be done without removing it.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.