noise and vibrations

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
werneck

Post by werneck »

Hello @Luca,
I think I have the same rattling squirrel noise in my recently acquired Puma. Did you manage to get yours sorted?

Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

I’ve got lots of buzzes within the cabin, currently under investigation by Ford.

As for engine noise, harsh acceleration from low speed in 4th does produce a throaty roar.

Try emptying the car, take out the shelf in the boot, put it in sport mode, see if it’s any louder.

One problem I had noticed is the passenger door panel vibrates under acceleration. I downloaded a tone generator, door panel vibrates between 60-72Hz, roof lining buzzes at 42Hz.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
werneck

Post by werneck »

Another thing I find odd about this engine is that the clutch pedal vibrates along with the motor. It's really noticeable when changing gears. Does anyone else have this?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

werneck wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:33 am Another thing I find odd about this engine is that the clutch pedal vibrates along with the motor. It's really noticeable when changing gears. Does anyone else have this?
No, not experienced that or any other of the reported buzzing etc.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

Yep mine vibrates when pulling away through the clutch pedal.
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Could the cylinder deactivation feature account for any of your issues? It can make the engine sound a little agricultural :-
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedi ... 0-lit.html
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Chocky wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:01 am Could the cylinder deactivation feature account for any of your issues? It can make the engine sound a little agricultural :-
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedi ... 0-lit.html
Deactivates when demand for power is reduced.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Be more inclined to think it's the hybrid system or more specifically the bisg that's providing some vibration back through the clutch pedal. I notice this more in sport mode when you're getting full hybrid and ice boost combined.
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

I did try giving it a bit more revs on pulling away as you said before which does help.I have to agree in sport mode it is a lot more noticeable diffnetly not as smooth as the Fiesta st I had before.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I must admit that I now take no notice of the gear change prompt. 4th for me is 33mph+. 5th 40mph plus and 6th 50mph +

Anything sooner gives me vibes that I don’t like.

Go with what you feel. Old school 😉
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.