noise and vibrations

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Giovas

Post by Giovas »

Hi everyone.
Have someone solve the problem with the vibration and noise? Because I'm a new owner and I have the same issue.

johnpuma

Post by johnpuma »

On my 2021 st line X cougar I also have the same sound on the driver side. When starting the car does not sound for the first few minutes but shortly after driving when I go around 2k revolutions starts to hear a vibration that I would not know exactly identify the origin. Sometimes it seems to come from under the steering wheel, other times it seems to come from the door...
I have an appointment at the Ford workshop for next week, and they say that they will disassemble the whole panel to see what it can be, which does not give me any confidence, but we'll see...

Has anyone solved the problem or is it something I have to start living with?
Rossberg

Post by Rossberg »

My passenger door panel seems to be source of vibrations/rattling for me (would appear to be the same issue that @spearmint reports on page 2 of this thread). I'm going to get it looked at my first service. My previous car (Astra) rattled like hell so I'm almost immune to it now.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

My Puma has several vibrations but the worst is a rattle from the passenger door when going over speed bumps or along uneven road surfaces. It looks to me as if the door is not fitting quite flush and probably needs tightening by a milimeter or so. Hopefully that will fix it.

As far as the other vibrations are concerned, I think removing the dashboard, door panels, etc is likely to create even more issues, so will leave them as they are. Rattles, squeaks and vibrations seem to be standard on new Fords I'm afraid, down to poor build quality and general quality control. Just luck of the draw as to whether you get a good or a bad one.
kevmond

Post by kevmond »

johnpuma wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:26 am On my 2021 st line X cougar I also have the same sound on the driver side. When starting the car does not sound for the first few minutes but shortly after driving when I go around 2k revolutions starts to hear a vibration that I would not know exactly identify the origin. Sometimes it seems to come from under the steering wheel, other times it seems to come from the door...
I have an appointment at the Ford workshop for next week, and they say that they will disassemble the whole panel to see what it can be, which does not give me any confidence, but we'll see...

Hi,
I had a Kuga (1.5 petrol) which developed a rattle under acceleration.
I traced it to be the clutch pipe from the master cylinder.
I didn’t bother resolving it as I’d already commode to p/x’ing it for the Puma.

Pumas going in on Monday for a few niggles.
I doubt they’ll resolve many due to incompetence/not giving a poo!
Too busy getting extra work on servicing to worry about keeping a customer happy.
White ST with Performance pack.
kevmond

Post by kevmond »

Commiting, not commode!
White ST with Performance pack.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

kevmond wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:05 pm
johnpuma wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:26 am On my 2021 st line X cougar I also have the same sound on the driver side. When starting the car does not sound for the first few minutes but shortly after driving when I go around 2k revolutions starts to hear a vibration that I would not know exactly identify the origin. Sometimes it seems to come from under the steering wheel, other times it seems to come from the door...

Hi,
I had a Kuga (1.5 petrol) which developed a rattle under acceleration.
I traced it to be the clutch pipe from the master cylinder.
I didn’t bother resolving it as I’d already commode to p/x’ing it for the Puma.

Pumas going in on Monday for a few niggles.
I doubt they’ll resolve many due to incompetence/not giving a poo!
Too busy getting extra work on servicing to worry about keeping a customer happy.
Made me laugh.... :lol:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Pumas do NOT have a diesel engine.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Nicolassam wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:16 am It's an old thread but I just wanna say that I get where you're coming from, as I've had my fair share of car troubles too. Have you tried checking your exhaust system? Sometimes loose or damaged parts can cause those annoying sounds and movements. If you're not comfortable tinkering with your truck yourself, there are plenty of mechanics out there who can lend a hand. One potential solution you might wanna look into is getting a duramax dpf cleaning. This can help clear out any clogs in your diesel particulate filter, which could be causing vibrations and noise. It's a pretty common issue, especially for newer owners, so don't feel bad.
This is a UK Ford Puma forum... :lol: Warning Spam post....
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
robgee

Post by robgee »

Deleted that post :)
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)