B&O audio

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Yeah you're right. It's hard to discern in the car because driving noise hides the detail.

Through my pixel buds it sounds great, drowning out the drone of my 12ltr Scania.

I have sonos speakers at home and they sound cleaner and crisper too.

I will be downloading (WiFi) my playlist for before I burn through my data limit..... 😄

Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Have just tried apples new spatial audio, via CarPlay, and there’s a definite improvement to my ears in the car. It makes the sound stage feel much bigger to me (which I guess is what it’s supposed to do)

Had to set to always on to get it to work via CarPlay

I think it will be down to personal taste though, have only tried it with Blondie so far

Edit: I didn’t bother with lossless in case mobile network can’t keep up on the move and my ears probably aren’t good enough to hear any real difference with lossless anyway
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Wdf76 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:03 pm 5 across the front. 2 in each rear door. Sub in boot (right side wall) amp and processor under front passenger seat. 👍
Is the sub covered up, I can't see it at 200mm should be able to spy it😉, if it's behind the side wall wouldn't that distort the signal.
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

BjNtheBear wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:00 am
Wdf76 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:03 pm 5 across the front. 2 in each rear door. Sub in boot (right side wall) amp and processor under front passenger seat. 👍
Is the sub covered up, I can't see it at 200mm should be able to spy it😉, if it's behind the side wall wouldn't that distort the signal.
Yeah deffo right sidewall behind the trim lining. Pop your hand on there and you'll feel it. 👍
ErikNL

Post by ErikNL »

For those of you who still want to have the surround sound mode enabled on early 2020 Puma”s, we had it fixed on our Puma ST-line X from January 2020. We (at least I do, my wife not so much 😊) definitely hear an improvement in the sound stage which now is more vivid and spatial.

Some people in this forum questioned whether the update might be a GUI-only fix without the underlying audio hardware being capable of playing surround sound at all. I can confirm that this fix actually works and that the surround mode sounds exactly the same as it does in Puma’s that have this feature enabled by default from the factory. My sister owns a Puma ST-Line X which has the feature enabled by default, so it was an easy comparison.

This is how I got it fixed:

After reading this forum I contacted Ford Netherlands with a question on how to get it fixed. I thereby referenced to posts in this forum claiming there should be a software update to fix it. It took them about a month to sort this out, but in the end they confirmed there is a fix and that I could schedule an appointment with my dealer to get it fixed under warranty. We are happy with the result. So if you want to have it fixed, just contact your local Ford Customer Relation Ship Centre and let them call your dealer that a software update is available.

As a “bonus”:
While the car was in for the surround mode update, the dealer also applied a fix for the ongoing notifications I kept receiving in the FordPass app about disabling remote features to preseve the battery. It’s a software update without the need for replacing the battery (we have the Rombat version). We finally got rid of the dreadful notifications and it also fixed the issues we had with the keyless entry and power tailgate intermittently not working due to battery preservation. See my other post about this elsewhere in this forum.

I have asked the representative from Ford to provide the ID’s (if any) for the software updates mentioned above. If I receive the ID’s, I’ll post them here to make it easier for you to convince your own dealer that official updates do in fact exist for these problems.
idumbakumar

Post by idumbakumar »

i retrofitted B&O into my ecosport from PUMA amp. but the amp is not a latest one. i have the B&O menu with Beosonic but the its not working, i am thinking to get the amp with B&O support from 2021 models