B&O audio

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
robgee

Post by robgee »

I was sent this when i reached out to Ford, however i don't think anyone has had it applied as far as i know or any dealer has managed to find it !

'‘The dealer needs to follow SBD and execute the app below to update the APIM. This is the SBD the dealer must execute: G2160968" we are more than happy to forward this onto your chose local dealer if you could confirm to which Dealer you would be taking the vehicle to so we can reach out to the service department’
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)

Andi

Post by Andi »

robgee wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:15 pm I was sent this when i reached out to Ford, however i don't think anyone has had it applied as far as i know or any dealer has managed to find it !

'‘The dealer needs to follow SBD and execute the app below to update the APIM. This is the SBD the dealer must execute: G2160968" we are more than happy to forward this onto your chose local dealer if you could confirm to which Dealer you would be taking the vehicle to so we can reach out to the service department’
Yes, that’s what I had done. It’s all recorded on my Etis history for software. But after all the time they spent trying it, it still did not give the Surround Sound option.
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

They tried to apply it on my car too. It was in for 3 days in the end. No luck. It's been escalated to a manager at Ford Customer Relations.
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Guess it's a question of waiting for Ford to catch up....
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Andi

Post by Andi »

This is the response from Ford (the same as Robgee got)

Pumas that were built before or up to February 2020, did not have the surround sound feature. However, Pumas built from 01.03.2020 onwards, did have the surround sound feature.

Your Puma has a build date: 30/12/2019 so will not have surround sound feature. That is why G2160968 SYNC Module [APIM] Surround Sound Configuration is not offered.
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

So are we concluding there is a hardware difference around this Feb build date and forcing a config change has no effect? rogbee, when you hacked your config, other than adding a new menu item to the sync screen, do you really think it gave surround sound, because if it does then what Ford are saying doesn't fit.
robgee

Post by robgee »

There are people on this Forum that have pre 01.30.2020 build dates that do have surround sound option so this is where my issues are with Ford. They are saying one thing but i know that what they are saying is not correct.

I had a call from my garage today as the escalation manager had been in touch with them and have my car booked in again next week.

There was some difference but its hard for me to say if it actually gave surround sound as my hearing aint what it use to be ! I havent had chance to make the changes again this week but will see if i can and maybe record something.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Andi

Post by Andi »

robgee wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:19 pm There are people on this Forum that have pre 01.30.2020 build dates that do have surround sound option so this is where my issues are with Ford. They are saying one thing but i know that what they are saying is not correct.

I had a call from my garage today as the escalation manager had been in touch with them and have my car booked in again next week.

There was some difference but its hard for me to say if it actually gave surround sound as my hearing aint what it use to be ! I havent had chance to make the changes again this week but will see if i can and maybe record something.
I know mate. And the dealer I use compared mine to two they had as demo’s. One of theirs had surround, and one didn’t. They were both pre March builds 🤔🤔.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Had an email today. Dealer confirmed PCM update should allow the APIM update. Still no news on the technical visit to examine the other issues.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

+++ that dealer to our arse/elbows list then