B&O audio

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Luca

Post by Luca »

Hi all,

Is anybody thinking about installing a subwoofer under the passenger seat?
Any suggestion?
I'm a little disappointed about the sound of our B&O seven speakers Puma, it feels weak.
I had a Fiat Bravo with the optional sound system (6 spk and a sub in the boot) and it was much better.

FredU

Post by FredU »

Thought there already was a sub under one of the seats? Sound sounds quite good to me for a standard set up in a smallish light car
Lucid Red 155 ST Line X FE +, comfort pack and towbar
Luca

Post by Luca »

Thanks, I've just discovered it! There's a tiny B&O alluminium box, but I can't hear anything from it, neither the smallest vibration, maybe it's bad linked or broken, I'll check better after work.
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Luca wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:27 am Hi all,

Is anybody thinking about installing a subwoofer under the passenger seat?
Any suggestion?
I'm a little disappointed about the sound of our B&O seven speakers Puma, it feels weak.
I had a Fiat Bravo with the optional sound system (6 spk and a sub in the boot) and it was much better.
There are 10 speakers in the car 5 in the front and 5 in the back.

Maybe you should turn up the bass in the sound app on your system :D

You can find it in the official press realease from Ford motor companie // /http://puma.fordpresskits.com/
Last edited by PaulD on Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Subwoofer is somewhere near the rear seat, little silver box is the power amp, don’t put anything on top of it.

Gavin
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Luca wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:16 am Thanks, I've just discovered it! There's a tiny B&O alluminium box, but I can't hear anything from it, neither the smallest vibration, maybe it's bad linked or broken, I'll check better after work.
What spec is your car? 7 speakers would suggest you don’t have the B&O option.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Spearmint wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:39 am
Luca wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:16 am Thanks, I've just discovered it! There's a tiny B&O alluminium box, but I can't hear anything from it, neither the smallest vibration, maybe it's bad linked or broken, I'll check better after work.
What spec is your car? 7 speakers would suggest you don’t have the B&O option.
In the official press releas by ford there are 10 speakers and a 575-watt Digital Signal Processing Amplifier /// http://puma.fordpresskits.com/

An available B&O Sound System has been dynamically tuned to ensure a premium audio experience regardless of the driving conditions. The 10-speaker system includes a 150 mm by 200 mm externally coupled subwoofer integrated into the boot without compromising luggage space and delivering a smooth bass tone. The tweeter positions have been optimised to produce a wider sound stage at seating level, delivering an enveloping listening experience for all occupants. The system is powered by a 575-watt Digital Signal Processing Amplifier that controls equalisation and audio mixing including selectable Surround Sound.
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
Luca

Post by Luca »

well, I can just see 7 speakers, the one central has the B&O logo and under the driver seat there's the B&O power amp, I can't find the remaining 3 speakers:
front: 2 mid and 2 tweeters, 1 central
rear: 2 speakers on the rear doors

I've just checked, in Italy thare aren't the First editions, so my version has:

B&O SYNC 3 con radio TouchNav 8" e 7 speakers + DAB + 2 prese USB + Mirroring Apple Car Play/ Android Auto

not the 10 speaker better system, what a shame u.u

So I'll buy an underseat sub, well, when someone who can install it reopens after the lockdown
now I need to know if the subwoofer has to be linked to the poweramp or if they have to disassembly half car to reach the connectors, damn, it's new XD
RedPuma

Post by RedPuma »

I do like the B&O sound system but the new Juke's Bose system is slightly better. Pity the rest of the Juke was considerably worse than the Puma.
Race Red 155 ST-Line X First Edition +
950r

Post by 950r »

Hi to all

There is 10 speakers in the B&O system, in the rear doors you can find 2 tweeters together with the speakers and the subwoofers its in the trunk