B&O audio

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Wdf76 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:21 pm Speaker placement is the issue. With the 4 behind you in the rear doors at floor level due to the fancy parcel shelf arrangement it was never gonna be banging....

They just use the b&o name for tuning. Not components.
Curious about that, only one speaker cover has B&O on it in the Puma, all front ones (didn’t look in the back) had B&O on them in the Kuga, know for a fact the Puma door speakers are FoMoCo, but there definitely was a clarity difference in the Kuga front speakers.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

It's a front focused system. Push the fader towards the rear and you'll realise how puny it is. I wouldn't recommend it as a cost option to anyone.
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

My Puma has been back to the main dealer 3 times to have the B&O Surround Sound function activated, after contact with Ford Customer Relations team. Still without success.
For those who have had surround sound activated--how did you manage to get it done?
Thanks.

ST Line X First edition Solar Silver
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

AlexW wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:05 pm My Puma has been back to the main dealer 3 times to have the B&O Surround Sound function activated, after contact with Ford Customer Relations team. Still without success.
For those who have had surround sound activated--how did you manage to get it done?
Thanks.

I told the dealer that Ford had a fix after they tried to fob me off with something else, they must have found it and applied it. Your dealers reply would indicate they haven't looked hard enough.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Looks like newer cars will have an upgraded B&O system with 'Beosonic'. Article here:- https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedi ... n-dan.html
Toward the end there is a link where you can try it out.
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

AlexW wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:05 pm My Puma has been back to the main dealer 3 times to have the B&O Surround Sound function activated, after contact with Ford Customer Relations team. Still without success.
Thanks.

My head mechanic at my dealer was on a course from Ford regarding the Puma , and there he learned how to activate it .
Last time my car was in during the one year check they fixed it for me.
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Took Amazon's prime day deal for 4 months free unlimited. Including hd and uhd flac files. Trying to work out if the b&o sounds better.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wdf76 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:25 am Took Amazon's prime day deal for 4 months free unlimited. Including hd and uhd flac files. Trying to work out if the b&o sounds better.
I tried it with Deezer HiFi and to be honest, I don't think that the system sounds any better than other modern car music systems. Like them, it's fine for driving, with road noise etc invading your listening experience I doubt these premium brands make much difference.
When I listen to the Deezer HiFi through my headphones I can hear a difference, but, I don't want to drive around with those plugged in... :D
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I tell you what I have found, flac files are total data munchers... I've streamed for a few hours on a journey this morning and burned through 3.5gb of data😳
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wdf76 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:13 pm I tell you what I have found, flac files are total data munchers... I've streamed for a few hours on a journey this morning and burned through 3.5gb of data😳
Oh Yeah....I should have warned you of that....It's why I didn't continue with the Freebie month I got.. :lol:
How did you get on with the quality test in the car?