B&O audio

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
robgee

Post by robgee »

Have found a Ford utility that might be useful to see if there is hardware differences between those that have and those that dont have surrond.

This utility will output an .xml file that contains information about the APIM including the storage, asbuilt, serial number, part numbers, as well as strategy and calibration versions. The .XML file can be opened in your browser.

https://community.cyanlabs.net/t/tutori ... ility/1856

Just tried it but havent looked through whats been captured yet
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)

robgee

Post by robgee »

Ok they had the car in applied the APIm update and surprise surprise it didn't work.

My Case manager is now saying its either a build issue or a sales issue as you have to order the surround sound option ????

Now i can see no options on extras to say say surround sound and said as far as i am concerned its part of the Premium B&O Sound package.
Jawmcneill55

Post by Jawmcneill55 »

My wife has B&O in her fiesta, which is a 3 year old zetec, the surround sound in it makes my puma sound system like a 1970s transistor radio. And the fiesta cost alot less
Puma sound system is really disappointing.

St line x 1st edition +
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

robgee wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:34 am Ok they had the car in applied the APIm update and surprise surprise it didn't work.

My Case manager is now saying its either a build issue or a sales issue as you have to order the surround sound option ????

Now i can see no options on extras to say say surround sound and said as far as i am concerned its part of the Premium B&O Sound package.
Updating the APIM would not give surround sound.

Have you asked the dealer, in detail, why they are unable to apply that SBD to your vehicle? Does applying it fail or are they simply unwilling?
robgee

Post by robgee »

No they applied that as well but it made no difference

G2160968 SYNC Module [APIM] Surround Sound Configuration Concern en GB Finished
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Interesting. So now the SBD has been applied, how your config differ from when you successfully enabled SS via FORScan?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Interestingly, I've found a few early German video reviews and they show the system without surround.
This one from April is just one example..
Check around 6.40 in....

Personally, I don't think this is going to be resolved by Ford, who, obviously, have no idea about what they did or didn't do on that build run.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

I have the description of all the features of the Puma from when I ordered mine back in December before the brochure was published. It clearly states that the B&O Sound system has a “selectable surround sound” feature.

Mine is back at the dealers for the second time for them to look at it again.

6C0B78BA-8538-4470-AEB1-C34D4A776DC4.jpeg

Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
robgee

Post by robgee »

I have also pointed this out on my case , but as of far they have had no success with implementing the fix. The head of Ford technical is meant to be in communication with my escalation manager with an update to me on Monday.
Duncraig

Post by Duncraig »

This is the latest from Ford, the issue they refer to is the Deep Sleep fault - awaiting a new battery over a week now !

Same platitude about Surround Sound we're all getting. :oops:

Screenshot 2020-10-16 at 11.29.26.png