B&O audio

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
robgee

Post by robgee »

I have contacted my escalation manager today and have copied part of the email below

I was wondering if it is possible for Richard or someone from the Technical Support to contact me as I believe I could assist and resolve the issue. The issues I believe is to do with the vehicles ASBUILD configuration which is programmed into the car, these write values to the APIM and various other modules within the vehicle. I can point them at where I believe the error is to enable the option which if they have not resolved might save some time.

I also was told today that someone else has managed to successfully enable the surround sound option :)
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)

JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

So had an update from Ford. After threatening them with rejecting the car, I’ve had a call this morning asking me to take the car in again on Friday as they’re sending one of the heads of Ford technical to have a look as they “think” they’ve found a fix.
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

They'll be using Robgee's fix taken from this forum no doubt..... 😄
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Yes, strange that they suddenly found something after Robgee's efforts....They should be paying him.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Well if that's the case and it works, then a massive thank you to Rob!!... I'll keep you updated with what they achieve, they did say to me that they don't know if it'll actually affect the sound but we'll see!
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

JackTheLad87 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:08 pm Well if that's the case and it works, then a massive thank you to Rob!!... I'll keep you updated with what they achieve, they did say to me that they don't know if it'll actually affect the sound but we'll see!
Some thanks to you also, if it works, for your persistence.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
robgee

Post by robgee »

I haven't heard anything back so lets see what they do on your car Friday as will be interesting to know what they will try .

It sounds like they will be sending a man with a laptop :)
robgee

Post by robgee »

Been doing further investigation and have found a couple of tools that I will be looking at further tomorrow as one is a program that will decode your asbuild data.

Not 100% sure yet but there seems to be an option to say if you have a b&o system and it’s currently disabled on mine. I still have access to my vin from my previous car which had a b&o system and had surround on so will see if that had it set on.

I will dig deeper tomorrow but it’s pretty straight forward to use if you are pc literate.
robgee

Post by robgee »

robgee wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:15 pm Been doing further investigation and have found a couple of tools that I will be looking at further tomorrow as one is a program that will decode your asbuild data.

Not 100% sure yet but there seems to be an option to say if you have a b&o system and it’s currently disabled on mine. I still have access to my vin from my previous car which had a b&o system and had surround on so will see if that had it set on.

I will dig deeper tomorrow but it’s pretty
straight forward to use if you are pc literate.
Moved the program info into tools post, but I have checked my previous car and that didn’t have b&o enabled so might be an unused setting.
Jiipee

Post by Jiipee »

robgee wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:23 pm I have contacted my escalation manager today and have copied part of the email below

I was wondering if it is possible for Richard or someone from the Technical Support to contact me as I believe I could assist and resolve the issue. The issues I believe is to do with the vehicles ASBUILD configuration which is programmed into the car, these write values to the APIM and various other modules within the vehicle. I can point them at where I believe the error is to enable the option which if they have not resolved might save some time.

I also was told today that someone else has managed to successfully enable the surround sound option :)
The Greek Puma owners in Ford puma SUV owners group in Facebook have done the surround activation with Forscan. This wouldn't be the first time that one can do something with Forscan that a Ford dealer cannot do.