Windscreen washers and wipers

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Tonyt

Post by Tonyt »

Thks for looking and pic. Not like the old metal ball in a cup you could shove round with a pin!
Cheers,,, :D

PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Wdf76 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:47 pm Not sure what info you're after. They are a very different design and spray in a v shape onto your screen. I think they're set to aim to low on the screen but from where they are situated (hidden under the bonnet) there doesn't seem to be any adjustment.

20200418_163213.jpg
By the the looks of it , the middle part can rotate maybe you need a special tool
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I was tempted to stick a screw driver in and see if there was any movement. However, knowing my luck, I'd end up needing a replacement part that will be on back order for the foreseeable future. 😆

So I didn't....

I reckon if you were to adjust them upwards, screenwash will deflect off the edge of the bonnet. You'd be no better off. You could prove me wrong though.
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Wdf76 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:23 pm I was tempted to stick a screw driver in and see if there was any movement. However, knowing my luck, I'd end up needing a replacement part that will be on back order for the foreseeable future. 😆

So I didn't....

I reckon if you were to adjust them upwards, screenwash will deflect off the edge of the bonnet. You'd be no better off. You could prove me wrong though.
You are right not taking chances , i think it,s a question for Ford or the dealer :|
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....