Auto start stop in sport mode

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

I agree with @Wdf76 and @Sparks, eco mode is more about being, or feeling, green rather than MPG. Probably makes vegans happy along with the awful Harry Moss plastic steering wheel 😉.
If you turn the stop/start back on in Sport Mode you get the sharper throttle response, etc. but lose some of the battery energy in restarting the engine as opposed to it being channeled exclusively into engine boost. I find it a reasonable compromise though unless you want every ounce of power all the time.
Last edited by Deleted User 702 on Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Auto start/stop uses the 12v battery surely

It even says that with auto start stop the 12v has to be replaced with exactly the same spec (in the manuals)
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

The MHEV versions use the 48v system
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

JFDIT wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:54 am The MHEV versions use the 48v system
Ok, thanks
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

PaulD wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:12 am
Spearmint wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:01 am
PaulD wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:33 pm Hi guys ,

Does anyone know why the start stop mechanisme shuts off in sport mode.
So it’s sporty?

Stop start is an economy feature.
That is nonsense , start stop mechanisme only works when you are standing still.

So it has nothing to do with driving sporty or not :roll:
Actually the engine cuts out at below about 12mph if you set it up to do so.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
steve63

Post by steve63 »

I think you will find, when in sport mode the electric motor kicks in a lot more on acceleration, more than in the other modes, hence it uses more battery power. The stop start feature uses more battery power. i think it is disabled to save the battery. When i had my Fiesta ST, the stop start was disabled in sport mode as well
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

When I use Sport it’s usually on decent runs where I know I might need some extra pulling power. I activate start stop as I know it will only be used a handful of times. If I’m round town I never use Sport as it’s just not worth it.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.