Traffic Sign Recognition

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma

How well does your Puma detect speed signs?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:35 pm

90% > Can't fault it
No votes
75% Works well enough
42%
50% Expected better
42%
25% Is it the signs maybe?
17%
< 10% Is it working?
No votes

Total votes: 12

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ali7487 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:06 pm Dont know why the traffic sign recognition system is being so troublesome, i have it on my fiesta,works lie a dream even in fog and dark,
This is what I found with my Fiesta Active....The changes were made even when signs were absent, making me think that the navigation system had something to do with it. Not sure if that is correct, but it certainly changed when no signs were present.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

The fiesta active is a nice car,just a shame ford didnt put an electric boot on it though

** No inappropriate language on the forum please ** - ROB
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ali7487 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:25 am The fiesta active is a nice car,just a shame ford didnt put an electric boot on it though

** No inappropriate language on the forum please ** - ROB
Yes, I loved it, wasn't an easy decision to change to the Puma. However, not regretting it so far.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Im just telling it like it is,ford were being c**ts not putting the electric boot on the active, its liie they have bought the vignale,but guess what,power tailgate,driver assist pack,sunroof are all extra,its like they want you to pay for everything, it just really p*** me off
Gasman

Post by Gasman »

Took my ST Line x first edition in today to have the speed sign recognition system looked at. The dealership carried out a software re calibration of the IPMA monitor located in the windscreen camera.
The car now appears to pick up every sign I encountered on the way home.
Let’s hope this has cured the problem
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Is there a code for this update. my local dealer has no record for this problem, said it's not a recall or service bulletin
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Rizmo wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:11 am Is there a code for this update. my local dealer has no record for this problem, said it's not a recall or service bulletin
Look further down at Stevep999's post. The bit about 'Software updates'.....Take a screen shot into them.
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Code is G2079120, but your local dealer needs to look-up your car in ETIS and not rely upon their memory of service bulletins and recall notices! ETIS will tell them what modules have updates available. As your car is approaching one year old (my guess based on your servicing thread!) you've probably a bunch of module with updates available.
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

I havd heard dealer's are reluctant to do updates unless you specifically complain about the issue they fix. I currently have a PCM and APIM on ETIS but no idea what they fix.
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

First time this sign flashed up today....roadworks ahead

PXL_20201007_073017068.jpg

Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022