Paint Issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

So washed off the car and cleaned it, during my time enjoying doing this I noticed on the bonnet a couple of small hazy spots, I thought I'd got my palm on it or something but gently repolished but no change

I took some pics and zoomed in and it looks like bubbles in the clear coat? To touch the area feels no different to the rest nice and smooth etc

I only noticed as the sun was I guess right angle and out corner of my eye, and hour later really struggled to see it.

I'm thinking dealership may not be interested and if they are it's going to need a respray? 🤔 And as bad as it sounds if I've only noticed it in 3wks I've had it do I just leave it. And avoid any possible other issues in rectifying it

I'm arranging for a valeter/detailer to clean the car on an ongoing basis going forward, and plan I think is to get they're professional opinion first and then go to dealership on his findings.

Though as an edit cannot for the life of me see it today

Anyone else had this

DSC_0056_1660471824578.JPG

_20220815_073817.JPG

_20220814_104823.JPG

Last edited by FP2022F1T on Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)

pottsyst

Post by pottsyst »

Could possibly be water etching. Have you tried a water spot remover or even a very mild polish like autoglym srp or bilt hamber cleanser polish.
Frozen White St
Ordered May 22
Built Nov 22
Picked up 1 March 23
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

pottsyst wrote: ↑Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:38 am Could possibly be water etching. Have you tried a water spot remover or even a very mild polish like autoglym srp or bilt hamber cleanser polish.
Thanks no I haven't the most I use after washing etc is a nice wax polish.
I'm guessing it sat just at the right point with the sun, as today I'm damned if I can see it in this light today, which is good and why not spotted it before I guess.
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
pottsyst

Post by pottsyst »

I'm based in Stoke so if you're local you're quite welcome to use any of my products to try and rectify it if you're local to me.
Frozen White St
Ordered May 22
Built Nov 22
Picked up 1 March 23
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

pottsyst wrote: ↑Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:18 am I'm based in Stoke so if you're local you're quite welcome to use any of my products to try and rectify it if you're local to me.
Thanks thats nice of you, but down in Northampton.

Looks like it maybe in the clear coat poss in that zoomed pic, but not sure. Definitely feels lovely and smooth over it

Trying to get a valeter/detailer on board to clean the car ongoing etc & see what they say about it if it can be seen at the time that is, decide from there what to do

If I cannot see it 95% of the time I'm not going to fret over it, as I'm thinking more issues could crop up trying to rectify it etc etc