Disturbing Noise Issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
goodtimes

Post by goodtimes »

Hi guys, im new here.
I have a 2021 Puma Style 1.0 ecoboost engine which is around 2000 km. Still quite new.
What i realize 2 days ago, there is a strange noise at the backseats especially.
I can hear that noise at the low rpms at red light.
At the front seat, the noise is so low and not understandable, but when i get the backseats, the noise is quite high and never stops. that noise looks like coming under the seat.
It is like a fan motor noise which is working always.
I will go to ford service within next month, but before i want to check if you guys face an issue like that and solve it.
Thanks in advance.

wgtwiddle

Post by wgtwiddle »

Had a similar thing with a c-max, turned out to be wheel bearings. At a guess I think it may have been caused by an over zealous jetwash 🤔

If so, needs checking sooner rather than later.
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

Sounds like the fuel pump - this is usually under the rear seats going into the fuel tank through the floor
2022 Puma ST, Performance Pack, Driver assist pack - Mean Green
goodtimes

Post by goodtimes »

robby71 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:44 pm Sounds like the fuel pump - this is usually under the rear seats going into the fuel tank through the floor
guys thanks for the answers.
Robby, that makes sense, because the noise is so electrical and like a working pumg always.
But the car is brand new, is the noise normal? because this is my first ford and maybe the fuel pump is normally working like that.
Whats your opinion?
Thanks
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

goodtimes wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:09 pm
robby71 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:44 pm Sounds like the fuel pump - this is usually under the rear seats going into the fuel tank through the floor
Robby, that makes sense, because the noise is so electrical and like a working pumg always.
But the car is brand new, is the noise normal? because this is my first ford and maybe the fuel pump is normally working like that.
Whats your opinion?
Thanks
I wouldn’t think it is normal. My car is a 2020 with 11k on the clock and we’ve not heard that noise.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Welcome to the forum.....I've never heard a noise as you describe it in mine.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

goodtimes wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:09 pm
Whats your opinion?
Thanks
Definately not normal - mine is very quiet.
I had it on a couple of older cars in the past where the pump was on the way out
Is your mpg down? should call into the dealer for them to have a listen for piece of mind
2022 Puma ST, Performance Pack, Driver assist pack - Mean Green
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

You should record the noise and present it to the dealer. It's proof there is a problem which they can't deny.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

An audio/video recording may help all of us too so to recognise it.
goodtimes

Post by goodtimes »

LittlePuma wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:33 pm An audio/video recording may help all of us too so to recognise it.
You are right mate. Here i took a video, you can hear the noise with your headphone when i moved to backseats at the video.
Tomorrow i will go to Ford dealer and they will check the noise. The technician that i spoke via phone also said that, there is fuel pump and maybe the problem is that. (like robby said)
we will see.

https://www.veed.io/view/c996883f-1bf2- ... idget=true