emergency call system malfunction

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Interesting as mine was built in May and recall is 22C16.

I suspect Vendee may be right. Mine had been fine until one weekend. I suspect Fords made some form of update that screwed the modems.
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022

Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Mine was built Nov 21 and is registered as a '22 car. No message. Better not update it 😁😆😅
alanp

Post by alanp »

How do you find out if the sos system is faulty?, I’ve had no recall notice or message on the screen or through ford pass
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

alanp wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:09 am How do you find out if the sos system is faulty?, I’ve had no recall notice or message on the screen or through ford pass
You will get an amber coloured notification on the instrument cluster stating the SOS system requires maintenance (can't remember the exact wording). You can hit "ok" to get rid of the message. I didn't get anything on Ford Pass app.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
alanp

Post by alanp »

I haven’t had anything like that, I wonder if they did mine when it was in for work done back in January, they had it for six weeks
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

alanp wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:26 am I haven’t had anything like that, I wonder if they did mine when it was in for work done back in January, they had it for six weeks
I doubt it.... the problem has just reared its head in the past two months.
alanp

Post by alanp »

Ah I see, something to look forward to then🙄
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I think that if you were going to get it, you would already have it... :)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

This problem appears to have happened before.Ford Puma (2019 – 2021)
Published on 27. 06. 2021
Problem description:

A problem may occur with the current Telematic control unit (TCU) software, which could affect the functionality of the eCall system. As a result, emergency service may not be contacted in case of need.

The Ford Puma models affected by this recall were manufactured between 15 July 2019 and 12 February 2021.

Ford recall code: 21C12
Affected models: Explorer, Puma, Focus, S-Max, Galaxy, Kuga
Vehicle numbers (worldwide): 680
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Sparks wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:57 pm I think that if you were going to get it, you would already have it... :)
Not so sure. It only appeared on mine 4 weeks ago. The fact that Ford are refusing delivery on all Pumas until the TCU is replaced would indicate that they believe that most will fail. Of course they may believe that its only a certain batch that are problematic but mine was built 9 months ago so there must be a lot of them out there liable to throwing up the error.