emergency call system malfunction

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Doco99

Post by Doco99 »

Seems to have been an update from Ford UK on this. (Via Twitter)
"Affected vehicles will require a hardware replacement and Ford is currently preparing a field service action which will be launched within the next month after which dealers will be able to update affected vehicles with a new modem. Once the service is launched, customers will receive an official notification from Ford and can contact their Ford dealer to get the required hardware update for their vehicles".
Wonder how long it will take to send this hardware to the dealerships!!

Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

I'd still like to know why mine went from working to not working. Something must've killed the modem and surely that can only have been some form of update from Fords ?
If they've got to replace all the modems, FordPass quoted 50,000 affected to me, then thats gonna take a hell of a long time surely ? ? ?
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
DerekFB

Post by DerekFB »

I got the same Ford message from my dealer. As others are suggesting, I cannot see the Germany case having no relevance, and if a new piece of hardware is needed it will take weeks in a world of supply chain issues. I’m £27000 down, been waiting for 3 1/2 weeks, and only on the road thanks to dealer lending me a car (with no recompense from Ford). I’m cutting my losses and buying an alternative from the dealer. He’s helped me. Ford hasn’t. Still stonewalled by customer services when calls made.
Tendai_R_Nzob

Post by Tendai_R_Nzob »

For those waiting for held cars, there might be light at the end of the tunnel. I have been informed by dealer that they have resolved recall and that I can pick my car up next week!!!!
White ST Line X, with keyless entry, power tailgate & 19” alloys.
chris47

Post by chris47 »

Thats great. Ill give it another week or so before heading to the dealer to find out what's going on. Im in no hurry to get it fixed, but the message is an annoyance.
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

So the saga continues.......email from Fordpass yesterday advising SOFTWARE fix available from dealer, can I let them know where and when so they can ensure it goes smoothly.
Spoke to dealer, initially unaware of any fix. Called back few hours later stating their instructions are a new TCU ! Part has to be ordered, hopefully 3 - 5 days. Let's hope they have ALOT of stock as I'm sure there's going to be a lot of dealers ordering these now.
He did add they've been instructed to return the old one quickly due to the chip shortage. Let's see how long this part will take.........
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Tendai_R_Nzob

Post by Tendai_R_Nzob »

Tendai_R_Nzob wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:42 pm For those waiting for held cars, there might be light at the end of the tunnel. I have been informed by dealer that they have resolved recall and that I can pick my car up next week!!!!
Update: Tuesday collection was cancelled on Monday as I was told new modem had to be ordered and would take 3 - 5 days. Luckily it arrived yesterday morning and fitted so by 11:45 I received a call to arrange collection. Picked it up @ 5 yesterday, 8 months later and we got there. All I can say is it was well worth the wait, B&O sound system put a smile on my face. All the best to those still waiting.

7BFABC79-EC02-425E-A1C0-F1D3D4D7ED28.jpeg

White ST Line X, with keyless entry, power tailgate & 19” alloys.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

So I posted here 4 weeks ago and said that I had got the error message but that it had disappeared when I pressed OK and didn't come back. I was under the impression that the issue was with 2022 build cars and as mine was built Nov 2021, it was probably a "one off" message. Yesterday I got the error message again so today I went to my Ford dealer and spoke to the service manager. He confirmed that I did have the issue that is being widely reported. He confirmed that previous efforts to effect a software fix on other Pumas had failed and that the TCU would need to be replaced on effected vehicles. He also confirmed that there was a spares issue with the TCU being in short supply.

They will get in touch with me when they have the spares for my car but as they have several brand new Pumas in the showroom with angry owners unable to collect them, obviously they will get priority. If it takes a couple of months to fix mine, so be it. At least I can still drive my car.

It got me thinking though, I had my car exactly 6 months before I got the first error message. It can't just be that the TCU has started playing up now. The service manager mentioned something about the Vodafone network and I suspect that certain network changes made by Ford have not been compatible with the existing TCU.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Take a look at this from June, 2021.https://car-recalls.eu/model/puma/
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

Mine is booked in for the SOS fix for the end of august, they have the fix now but the car needs to go in for a full day. I got a call as was on a call back list but worth ringing your dealer now to book it in, they were pretty booked up already when I spoke to them this afternoon