emergency call system malfunction

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Fix for held cars available, hopefully fix for rest of us immenent
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022

CraggyBeard

Post by CraggyBeard »

Ive just seen this on the Ford Owners Club website:

'Not sure if everyone is aware but all 2022 Pumas are being recalled due to a fault with the SOS call system, it also seems to affect all modem connections and the Ford Pass app.

Worse they have halted all deliveries until the issue is resolved. There is no current fix available, and no timescale for a fix has been provided.'
Puma ST Line X, 155, Magnetic, Manual, Comfort Pack, Panoramic Roof. First Reg'd 25/05/2022.
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Hi, anyone heard any useful updates. Just spoken to fordpass helpline again and there still "waiting on IT" .......

I shouldn't really be too surprised should I :-(
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

There's an update on the Ford Puma ST & St-Line Owners Club. (29-06-2022 at 17:41)

;) If its on Facebook then it must be true. ;)
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
Tendai_R_Nzob

Post by Tendai_R_Nzob »

If a car was still in transport mode at the time of the announcement then it should have been cleared for release to customer however if the dealer had already removed it out of transport mode then the wait continues. As mine had already been through pre-delivery inspection I fall in the latter
White ST Line X, with keyless entry, power tailgate & 19” alloys.
DerekFB

Post by DerekFB »

I too am still waiting as my car had been taken out of transport mode. I took the advice of another poster last Wednesday and contacted Ford Customer Service. I was promised an information update the next day. Finally got the information update today … to say there is no further information. So customer service don’t know, my dealer doesn’t know, and I am still in the dark nearly two weeks on. If they have fixed the cars in transport mode why on earth can’t they give some idea to us what is going on. Thank you to my dealer for lending me a car, even if it is an Ecosport. I shall keep pestering Ford.
chris47

Post by chris47 »

Hi. Ive just been told my Puma, which was pre-registered and previously booked in for delivery a couple of weeks ago, is now being delivered on Monday. It was delayed because of this recall.

EDIT: The car was not in transport mode, and has had the update. I have got the lease company to phone the dealer and confirm this in person.
Tendai_R_Nzob

Post by Tendai_R_Nzob »

chris47 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:32 am Hi. Ive just been told my Puma, which was pre-registered and previously booked in for delivery a couple of weeks ago, is now being delivered on Monday. It was delayed because of this recall.

EDIT: The car was not in transport mode, and has had the update. I have got the lease company to phone the dealer and confirm this in person.
Sounds promising, all the best, hopefully they don’t mess you about. I’m hoping for a similar update this week coz it’s just silly now.
White ST Line X, with keyless entry, power tailgate & 19” alloys.
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Update from FordPass.......they have no update, I'm amazed Ford actually manage to build a car ! , they'll be back in touch next Thurs.

Should we really be suprised........

chris47

Post by chris47 »

I contacted the lease company again based on what was said here and asked them to confirm with the dealer that my car has definitely had the update, not waiting to have it, but had it, and is released for delivery Monday. They assured me thats what the dealer is saying and that other Pumas are also due to be delivered next week to other customers of theirs.

If it doesn't happen then the dealer is lying and we will be having words, mostly 4 letter ones.