emergency call system malfunction

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

20th June on android
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022

Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

Stevep999 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:56 am 20th June on android
Will the update resolve the connectivity issue?
Titanium 125, Solar Silver
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

According to a poster on FB, the resolution of the SOS issue requires a replacement part.
Is that the case ? I thought it was a software issue.
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

That fact that so many were affected and that in my case it was working, I'd suggest it's a software not hardware issue.
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

Stevep999 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:11 am That fact that so many were affected and that in my case it was working, I'd suggest it's a software not hardware issue.
That was my impression as well.
Deleted User 1393

Post by Deleted User 1393 »

Why cant they deliver the cars with the fault? I'd happily take it like this and they can fix it later. Hire cars are crippling me right now. This come after the Fiesta factory shutting and my order getting cancelled. I will be screwed if this takes too long.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Ford will be scared someone has an accident and can't use the emergency button. They could be sued so maybe that's the reason.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 1393

If it truly is a software issue they better fix it quick I have 2 weeks and I have to bail and get something else, I cant wait any longer with no car or delivery date. I was supposed to get it Monday 27th. I had arranged insurance and everything and got less than 1 working days notice, I now have no way home from work on Monday since I was having it delivered there.

Its totally unacceptable, Im never having a Ford again.
Deleted User 1393

I just got a tweet reply from @FordUK.

They confirmed it is a software issue with the internal modem, and that a software fix will be issued in the coming days. Take 'days' to mean whatever you like, since technically a month is still just 'days'.
puma22

Post by puma22 »

If it was like the last recall which held my car up for 5 weeks at the dealership it be a long wait for you.