emergency call system malfunction

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Mike

Post by Mike »

chrism75 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:15 pm Ive just put in an order for a Cupra Formentor, if approved, which I should be I hope, then the Puma will be automatically cancelled. Being messed around once I can take, but not twice. It doesnt give me any confidence in Fords ability to provide a quality car. My last Car was a cupra and it had no issues.
I like those, which model have you gone for
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )

Deleted User 1393

Post by Deleted User 1393 »

Mike wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:49 pm
chrism75 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:15 pm Ive just put in an order for a Cupra Formentor, if approved, which I should be I hope, then the Puma will be automatically cancelled. Being messed around once I can take, but not twice. It doesnt give me any confidence in Fords ability to provide a quality car. My last Car was a cupra and it had no issues.
I was limited by what they had in stock and by price, because all cars are mad right now, although its still a fraction less than the Puma. Its a V1 150 TSI DSG. The DSG model still has the VAQ limited slip diff, even though its not the top engined model, which is nice. Its not as fast as my old Leon Cupra which had 300hp, but its a little quicker than the 125 Puma would be, and to be honest with fuel at nearly £2 a litre I couldn't justify something worse on fuel.

Still waiting to hear if Im approved, if not Ill just have to wait for the Puma, but the cupra would be handy, its the same colour as my Leon was, so I have some paint for stone chips already, and a Carista for modifying the settings.
Deleted User 1393

DerekFB wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:06 am Car at dealers, purchased to replace my written off vehicle. Insurer’s hire car returned in anticipation of collecting the Puma a day later. Pick up of same blocked by Ford 12 hours before due to collect. Watching this forum with interest to see when I’ll be back on the road. My comments don’t help the discussion but I’m watching in desperation!
Im in a similar boat, one working days notice. Resulted in a desperate scramble to organise transport and cancel insurances etc. Its completely Fords fault, its their issue caused by their poor quality control, not ours and in this situation they should compensate owners. Its back to costing me about £200 a week in alternative transportation.

If you had already been called in to collect they should cover costs.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

DerekFB, email Ford direct with your problem. They probably have dozens of the same by now. Try and keep the pressure on. You would be entirely justified. Maybe you will be offered some recompense. It's worth a try.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
phil66

Post by phil66 »

Was in today to get this fixed well so I thought. Told its a software thing Ford yet to have a update ready but when one is be a recall to fix it .
Deleted User 1393

Cupra ia confirmed, so the Puma is cancelled. Nice to know you guys, shame it was so short..
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I'd have done the same in your shoes....Bye and good luck..
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Screenshot_20220629-210256.png

Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Light ?

Screenshot_20220629-210256.png

Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Mike

Post by Mike »

Deleted User 1393 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:19 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:49 pm
I was limited by what they had in stock and by price, because all cars are mad right now, although its still a fraction less than the Puma. Its a V1 150 TSI DSG. The DSG model still has the VAQ limited slip diff, even though its not the top engined model, which is nice. Its not as fast as my old Leon Cupra which had 300hp, but its a little quicker than the 125 Puma would be, and to be honest with fuel at nearly £2 a litre I couldn't justify something worse on fuel.

Still waiting to hear if Im approved, if not Ill just have to wait for the Puma, but the cupra would be handy, its the same colour as my Leon was, so I have some paint for stone chips already, and a Carista for modifying the settings.
fingers crossed for you, which dealer did you use, thinking ahead for when the puma goes.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )