emergency call system malfunction

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Deleted User 1393

Post by Deleted User 1393 »

Ive just put in an order for a Cupra Formentor, if approved, which I should be I hope, then the Puma will be automatically cancelled. Being messed around once I can take, but not twice. It doesnt give me any confidence in Fords ability to provide a quality car. My last Car was a cupra and it had no issues.

Tendai_R_Nzob

Post by Tendai_R_Nzob »

Update from dealer today: seems to be a software issue affecting models built between Feb & April. What was clear from the call is they haven’t found a fix yet so no word on when they will release my car. Beyond frustrating but I’ve already waited 6 months, no point in cancelling now.
White ST Line X, with keyless entry, power tailgate & 19” alloys.
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Make sense as mines an April build car - Bet you ford want us all back in the dealership for a plug in to fix the fault too!......
ST line X - Desert Island Blue
Ordered 30/1/22 - Built 18/4/22 - Sat in Dagenham yard since May - Collected 17/6/22 - To be fair it's been a wonderful car, so far!
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

I got the same impression that it’s not expected anytime soon. Where is the modem in the Puma if that part needs changing? Would that be a big job if they had to change it?
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

I'm a may build and affected
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
DerekFB

Post by DerekFB »

Car at dealers, purchased to replace my written off vehicle. Insurer’s hire car returned in anticipation of collecting the Puma a day later. Pick up of same blocked by Ford 12 hours before due to collect. Watching this forum with interest to see when I’ll be back on the road. My comments don’t help the discussion but I’m watching in desperation!
Tendai_R_Nzob

Post by Tendai_R_Nzob »

DerekFB wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:06 am Car at dealers, purchased to replace my written off vehicle. Insurer’s hire car returned in anticipation of collecting the Puma a day later. Pick up of same blocked by Ford 12 hours before due to collect. Watching this forum with interest to see when I’ll be back on the road. My comments don’t help the discussion but I’m watching in desperation!
I feel your pain, even had my insurance sorted. The way dealers are cautious about giving lead times makes one think it’s going to be a bit of a wait but I hope to be proven wrong.
White ST Line X, with keyless entry, power tailgate & 19” alloys.
phil66

Post by phil66 »

Follow up to my post went in today to get the emergency call system malfunction sorted out lucky ask service guy how long it would take and he checked with engineers and said its a know issue but as of yet there is no fix for it. There expecting a fix soon with a recall so they can update there software but thats not sorted yet and no time line of it so will just have to wait.
Deleted User 1393

Post by Deleted User 1393 »

It must be exhausting being a Ford dealer, they have the second most recalls of any manufacturer. I mean they have 4 on the Puma in like a year alone and 162 in the peroid mentioned on the government site.
Chappers

Post by Chappers »

So why did the system work ok for 16 days after picking up our car and then malfunctioned? They must have done something to cause the malfunction.