emergency call system malfunction

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
PaulM

Post by PaulM »

I think it's the Applink versions, not the later Connect Modem versions that are being scrapped? It's all a tad confusing, especially when i've nothing working at all!
2022 Puma ST-Line Vignale 155ps DCT - Magnetic - everything but the tow bar
Previous- 2020 St-Line X First Ed 155ps- Grey Matter- as above

PaulM

Post by PaulM »

Hey, I think i'm right! This from the FordPass Chat site:

Q: What is AppLink for FordPass?
A: AppLink is a framework that allows a deep link from the SYNC system in your car to the FordPass app. Specific features such as 'Journeys' and 'Send to Vehicle' rely on AppLink to work. The AppLink connection is initiated via USB, phone to the vehicle.

Q: Which EU models are affected?
A: All vehicle lines will be affected by this change. All non-connected vehicle lines will see the most reduction in features. (a Non-connected vehicle is one that doesn’t have FordPass Connect )

Q: Which features are affected?
A:
Fuel Report
Live Traffic
Vehicle Health Alerts
Oil Level
Fuel Level
Milestones
Tyre Pressure
Odometer

However if you have FordPass Connect then you will still have these features.
2022 Puma ST-Line Vignale 155ps DCT - Magnetic - everything but the tow bar
Previous- 2020 St-Line X First Ed 155ps- Grey Matter- as above
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

Although talking to the FordPass team just now, it appears that the latest modems (series 4 ?) have connectivity issues, so those of us with new vehicles cannot activate our vehicles.
By the sound of it, the problem is pretty widespread, with no solution in sight any time soon.
On a related issue, I am no longer getting the SOS malfunction message.
Titanium 125, Solar Silver
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Wowzz wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:02 pm Although talking to the FordPass team just now, it appears that the latest modems (series 4 ?) have connectivity issues, so those of us with new vehicles cannot activate our vehicles.
By the sound of it, the problem is pretty widespread, with no solution in sight any time soon.
On a related issue, I am no longer getting the SOS malfunction message.
Aaah Wowzz, nice to know! - hopefully get some sort of reboot or such in the future?....

On the SOS button feature, l read in the instruction download that if the indicator, bit above your head!, is bright red when driving then the system has a fault, no matter what your dash board says?....
ST line X - Desert Island Blue
Ordered 30/1/22 - Built 18/4/22 - Sat in Dagenham yard since May - Collected 17/6/22 - To be fair it's been a wonderful car, so far!
KJC62

Post by KJC62 »

I am also having the pop up on the dash saying Emergency Call System Malfunction and the SOS button in the roof cluster is lit up in red - I'm guessing this is all part of the same issue?
Puma ST Line Magnetic Grey Automatic
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

All seems to be linked, has anyone has this fixed on a 2022 built Puma? I’ve got mine booked in next week but keep reading no fix as of yet and seems to be delaying new deliveries as well? No point wasting a day if Ford can’t fix it yet
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

AMS1969 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:34 am All seems to be linked, has anyone has this fixed on a 2022 built Puma? I’ve got mine booked in next week but keep reading no fix as of yet and seems to be delaying new deliveries as well? No point wasting a day if Ford can’t fix it yet
Answered my own question, rang Ford and no fix as yet and they will issue an update when there is, direct quote from Service “someone has pressed a button somewhere and they are trying to work out what it is” reminds me of Fast and Furious where Dom drives a Dodge Charger as it can’t be centrally hacked - makes you think…
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

Just to sat that the SOS error message reappeared today.
The response that AMS got was basically the same as mine. No point taking the car to a dealer, as the fix has to be done centrally, but the centre doesn't know how to fix it !
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Ford pass update hit app store this evening........
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

Stevep999 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:39 pm Ford pass update hit app store this evening........
Still shows June 6th as being the latest version on the app store at present.