emergency call system malfunction

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
PaulM

Post by PaulM »

Hi All,

Been viewing from afar for the best part of 2 years now- this issue has prompted me to finally join in!

Swapped my STLine X First Ed for an STLine Vignale yesterday (after a 7 month wait) & now have the connectivity issues- no modem showing at all.
Dealer reckons Ford have widespread network issues.

Went to online chat with Ford last night & apparently this is a known issue with 2022 Pumas.

The guy took my number & promised to get back to me when there's news on the issue- I won't be holding my breath!

Anyway, Hi all!
2022 Puma ST-Line Vignale 155ps DCT - Magnetic - everything but the tow bar
Previous- 2020 St-Line X First Ed 155ps- Grey Matter- as above

jimmy999

Post by jimmy999 »

Firstly I traded in my puma st line X vignale for an all new Kuga but I kept my account here live just to look in now and again. Re your query e-call system. Not only pumas but nationwide new kugas are having the same problem. Warning messages are being activated re handbrake systems failing. Also other additions to their cars eg BLIS are all being asked for service. My dealer is going to let me know when their is a fix. Dealers can't plug car's into ford ETIS system to diagnose and suggest solutions. With kugas it only happened last weekend. I may add my dealer has extensively examined all the problematic car's and apart from the warning messages all has been in order. Enjoy your new puma. Good luck. Forgot to ask. For my info. If you happen to hear from ford could you kindly put a quick post on here so I can keep up and maybe be one step ahead of my dealer. Thanks.
(Formerly) Puma ST Line X Vignale 155 ps Agate Black. (Now) 23.75 Kuga 2.5 ltr FHEV. Vignale. Lucid Red. Driver's Assistance & Technology packs. Spare Wheel and Dash Cam.
PaulM

Post by PaulM »

Certainly will post any updates.
Contacted them again this afternoon & they are not sure if it's 'modems not activated' or 'something else.'
Emailed customer care too, so lets see what gives.
All this seemed to start when the cookie looping issue started a few days ago, so I strongly suspect a networking cock up somewhere.
Rossi44

Post by Rossi44 »

Thanks Paul.
Out of interest who is your local service you have been speaking to?

When I called mine, they seem to know nothing about any issues which is slightly worrying.
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Expecting call back from Ford pass team today with update. Will let you know what they say.......
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
PaulM

Post by PaulM »

Also awaiting news from the FordPass online chat and an email to Ford Customer Services.

Did get a response from the Ford Twitter site:

'Hi Paul, We are currently experiencing issues on some vehicles related to connectivity functionality, the team are aware and are investigating.
This may affect FordPass activation, and remote command functionality We will update you ASAP once we know more. Apologies for the inconvenience.'

So no fix so far, but they are aware of it.

if I get any news, i'll update too.
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Some !!!!! Hahahahahahah
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Glad mine’s sleeping through all this 🤣🤣🤣
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
jimmy999

Post by jimmy999 »

Update from my dealer this morning. Ford put out an email to their dealers saying they are now aware of the problem and are now working on a fix. Focus, pumas, kugas, vans & passes are all affected in some way or another. Reading between the lines a ford update programmer is not quite up to speed before releasing any updates.
(Formerly) Puma ST Line X Vignale 155 ps Agate Black. (Now) 23.75 Kuga 2.5 ltr FHEV. Vignale. Lucid Red. Driver's Assistance & Technology packs. Spare Wheel and Dash Cam.
phil66

Post by phil66 »

This has this come up on my 2 week old Puma. My sales agent said not a Biggy and they get service to call me to look at it. Of course no call from service so chased my sales agent and they told me its a software fault on new Puma's, now booked in for next week to resolve so I'll update everyone on what the say it is.