Local hazard info

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

RedPuma wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:03 pm
PaulD wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:51 pm
PaulD wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:18 am

I contacted mij dealer , and they said it,s a known problem here in Holland anyway.

In the beginning of June (Corona) there,s an update coming wich will solve the problem. :)
Something odd happend this week , ik downloaded an update on the fordpass app and now suddenly everything works.
the local harzard subscription was added in my subscriptions in the app.
I tried it in the car and as by magic now it works
Well, I failed at the first hurdle! Where's App subscriptions in FordPass?
Its under vihicle /maintance and support /subscriptions .... just beneat Live traffic ( translated from Dutch )
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....

robgee

Post by robgee »

Still have an issue with mine and FordPass support are now saying it’s to do with Vodafone!

Just to check with everyone that’s got it working have the switched on Wi-fi in the car and signed up to the 3 month trial ?

Also are people on iPhones or android phones

Cheers
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

robgee wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:24 pm Still have an issue with mine and FordPass support are now saying it’s to do with Vodafone!

Just to check with everyone that’s got it working have the switched on Wi-fi in the car and signed up to the 3 month trial ?

Cheers
there is an Fordapp update do you have the latest update.

Maybe that will solve it.

And yes i switched on Wi-fi in the car and signed up to the 3 month trial .
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

PaulD wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:32 pm
robgee wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:24 pm Still have an issue with mine and FordPass support are now saying it’s to do with Vodafone!

Cheers
there is an Fordapp update....... do you have the latest update ?

Maybe that will solve it.

And yes i switched on Wi-fi in the car and signed up to the 3 month trial .
robgee

Post by robgee »

Yep all updated as I tend to check daily. Had a reply from the support team today

Good Afternoon Rob,

Thank you for your response.

Vodafone are the suppliers who set up the plans/subscriptions.

If you would like to use the vehicles WiFi and have a plan/set up your free trail via Vodafone, please follow the steps taken in my previous email.

If you have subscribed via Vodafone to use the Live Traffic feature could you please ensure the following steps are taken;

- Connect the phone via Bluetooth to the SYNC. The phone needs to be connected to the internet. If you have an IOS please ensure you also connect via USB - Apple CarPlay also needs to be disabled.
- To disable Apple CarPlay, go into Settings on your Sync and click the 'Apple CarPlay preference' icon and then turn the toggle off.
- Go to the Mobile Apps section in SYNC HMI, find FordPass and click on the icon.
- At the first usage there should open two pop-ups after each other with a little bit of time in between which you must accept. With accepting these pop-ups, you agree to share your data, which is necessary to use the feature. If the pop-ups do not come up and the customer is not sure, if you have accepted them in the past, I would recommend performing a Master Reset. After it, the pop-ups should come up, when you retry the process.
- After accepting these pop-ups, you should be able to see the traffic icon in the FordPass SYNC menu. The button on the SYNC screen should be synchronized with the toggle switch in the app. They must be turned on so that the status in the SYNC screen is “Connected”.
- After that it can take up to 3 min. until the navigation uses the traffic data coming from the feature. You can check this by going to the traffic list (Navigation menu button on map - Traffic list). If the system is using LiveTraffic data, you should see two arrows in the upper right corner. If you are seeing an antenna like icon, the system is using broadcast data.

Should the concern not be resolved after following these steps, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

robgee wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:05 pm Yep all updated as I tend to check daily. Had a reply from the support team today

Good Afternoon Rob,

Thank you for your response.

Vodafone are the suppliers who set up the plans/subscriptions.

If you would like to use the vehicles WiFi and have a plan/set up your free trail via Vodafone, please follow the steps taken in my previous email.

If you have subscribed via Vodafone to use the Live Traffic feature could you please ensure the following steps are taken;

- Connect the phone via Bluetooth to the SYNC. The phone needs to be connected to the internet. If you have an IOS please ensure you also connect via USB - Apple CarPlay also needs to be disabled.
- To disable Apple CarPlay, go into Settings on your Sync and click the 'Apple CarPlay preference' icon and then turn the toggle off.
- Go to the Mobile Apps section in SYNC HMI, find FordPass and click on the icon.
- At the first usage there should open two pop-ups after each other with a little bit of time in between which you must accept. With accepting these pop-ups, you agree to share your data, which is necessary to use the feature. If the pop-ups do not come up and the customer is not sure, if you have accepted them in the past, I would recommend performing a Master Reset. After it, the pop-ups should come up, when you retry the process.
- After accepting these pop-ups, you should be able to see the traffic icon in the FordPass SYNC menu. The button on the SYNC screen should be synchronized with the toggle switch in the app. They must be turned on so that the status in the SYNC screen is “Connected”.
- After that it can take up to 3 min. until the navigation uses the traffic data coming from the feature. You can check this by going to the traffic list (Navigation menu button on map - Traffic list). If the system is using LiveTraffic data, you should see two arrows in the upper right corner. If you are seeing an antenna like icon, the system is using broadcast data.

Should the concern not be resolved after following these steps, please do not hesitate to contact us.

If you have a Iphone these steps are very important !!

///// IOS please ensure you also connect via USB - Apple CarPlay also needs to be disabled.
-To disable Apple CarPlay, go into Settings on your Sync and click the 'Apple CarPlay preference' icon and then turn the toggle off //////
I hope this helps.

You can also maybe try to delete your car from the Fordpass app....... remove the app / install it again ad your car and subscribe new.
Good luck..
Jon_STLine

Post by Jon_STLine »

Right I’m still in the same boat

Removed vehicle
Added vehicle
Waited and checked app and only live traffic shows in subscriptions
Activated vehicle
Turned on all features in connection settings
Bottom one for local hazard still greyed out

Any other ideas guys?
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Something's not right with ford pass today. The app lags like hell and my subscriptions to live traffic and hazard warnings are greyed out.

Btw I haven't activated Vodafone WiFi at any stage. Both subscriptions worked fine without.
Jon_STLine

Post by Jon_STLine »

How do I know if I had activated the Vodafone mobile?

I guess the only true was is to go to the shops and when I arrive try again off WiFi?
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

You have to set it up on through vodafone. If you haven't done it then you're probably not.

You can check this by clicking on WiFi hotspot on the glovebox page of ford pass. This will redirect you to the Vodafone site for Ford. It asks you for your account details. You should have these if you signed up for the trial.

On the ford pass app on your phone if you look at glovebox/subscriptions do you see live traffic and hazard activated. Date should show active for 2 years from date of purchase.

Screenshot_20200413-191820_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20200413-202414_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20200413-191835_FordPass.jpg