Local hazard info

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
robgee

Post by robgee »

No goto Mobile Apps on the sync as it should detect FordPass
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)

dartiss

Post by dartiss »

Sorry, no, this is where I went. No icon for FordPass and all sub-options show as enabled.
Last edited by dartiss on Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155PS (+factory fit extras) in Fantastic Red
robgee

Post by robgee »

Have you connected your phone with the FordPass app on ? Then start the Fordpass app on the phone. I will go and recheck steps later as just have some work to do first .
dartiss

Post by dartiss »

Oh. Okay, yes, I've missed something there. Yes, I have the app on my phone and it's all connected - but I have to go into it on the phone and then those FordPass options in car change as well?
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

so this morning deleted car and fordpass. Left a while then reinstalled fordpass. Currently I have a live traffic subscription that needs the car to be activated. Gonna wait hour or so before I do next stage.
Previously all I had activated was Local Hazard subscription but both were greyed out on phone. Fingers crossed.....
No subscriptions showing on MYFord page ???

Oh and no feedback yet from the Tech team to any of this....... :-(
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
dartiss

Post by dartiss »

robgee wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:49 am This is what i received from the Ford Team but it didn't work for me, i even removed the Fordpass app from phone etc
Having re-read through this, it looks as if this is to get Live Traffic working, right? My issue is not with Live Traffic but with Local Hazard Information. The former works for me, it's showing in my subscriptions and I can see the working traffic icon in my Sync menu. Local Hazard Info won't switch on and isn't in my subscriptions.
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

So following full reset and before activating car, i show live traffic in subscriptions, once I authorise car, live traffic disppears and local hazard appears and still both greyed out in sync screen :-(
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Wdf76 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:42 am Have you guys checked your data sharing setting with Ford is switched on? I think you have to agree and accept to receive the service.
Yes, I believe the fact I have the two arrows and sat nav arrow in top right means I'm 'talking' to Ford ?

dartiss

Post by dartiss »

So, had a chance to have a play and try various things out but, still, no joy. Lots of removing car from the app, adding it back in, watching it re-appear on Sync... all the things suggested so far... connected via USB.... etc. It always ends up the same. Sync won't switch on Local Hazard Info because it says I don't have a subscription and on the app it doesn't show it.

Although I find this message perplexing, when I go into the settings for it on the dashboard menu...

Maybe it's to do with mileage - 66.6 :scream:
robgee

Post by robgee »

Yes mine has always had that same message as well.

Might be worth emailing UKCRC1@FORD.COM to add more voices to the complaint, I am enjoying driving the car but cant believe that they release software that seems so full of bugs and are so slow to update.

The maps that they supply (F8) are at least 2 years out of date so really negates the point of having a intelligent speed limiter as it could lead to issues if it is using out of date map data.