Local hazard info

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
robgee

Post by robgee »

Stevep999 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:46 pm Rob out of interest when you access ford pass on the sync screen do you getvthe message "please wait while we gather some information " ?
I will check in the morning , i do have 2 options for Live traffic on the Ford Pass App though !
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)

robgee

Post by robgee »

NO seems to responding quickly , mind you usually remove the app on the phone and re-sync every update
dartiss

Post by dartiss »

Mine is the same.
Only shows Live Traffic in the subscriptions and nothing come up on the screen.
Tried to remove the car from the app but still the same.
Keep us posted if you manage to fix it.
This is much my experience. I've tried re-setting up the car on the app but it still only shows Live Traffic.

On my dashboard menu, it says "To receive local hazard information content to data usage in infotainment". In Sync 3, under Connectivity Settings it shows Local Hazard Information greyed out and it can't be switched on. I assume this what others are seeing?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155PS (+factory fit extras) in Fantastic Red
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

When did you pick up you car ???

In the app I only show a local hazards subscription.
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
dartiss

Post by dartiss »

Saturday. Mine is the same model as yours so... huh... who knows?
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

I wonder how many have both options working
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Have you guys checked your data sharing setting with Ford is switched on? I think you have to agree and accept to receive the service.
dartiss

Post by dartiss »

Can you confirm what this involves (I may have already done this, but there's so much content in this thread, I may have missed something)?
robgee

Post by robgee »

dartiss wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:15 am Can you confirm what this involves (I may have already done this, but there's so much content in this thread, I may have missed something)?
This is what i received from the Ford Team but it didn't work for me, i even removed the Fordpass app from phone etc

- Connect the phone via Bluetooth to the SYNC. The phone needs to be connected to the internet. If you have an IOS please ensure you also connect via USB - Apple CarPlay also needs to be disabled.
- To disable Apple CarPlay, go into Settings on your Sync and click the 'Apple CarPlay preference' icon and then turn the toggle off.
- Go to the Mobile Apps section in SYNC HMI, find FordPass and click on the icon.
- At the first usage there should open two pop-ups after each other with a little bit of time in between which you must accept. With accepting these pop-ups, you agree to share your data, which is necessary to use the feature. If the pop-ups do not come up and the customer is not sure, if you have accepted them in the past, I would recommend performing a Master Reset. After it, the pop-ups should come up, when you retry the process.
- After accepting these pop-ups, you should be able to see the traffic icon in the FordPass SYNC menu. The button on the SYNC screen should be synchronized with the toggle switch in the app. They must be turned on so that the status in the SYNC screen is “Connected”.
- After that it can take up to 3 min. until the navigation uses the traffic data coming from the feature. You can check this by going to the traffic list (Navigation menu button on map - Traffic list). If the system is using LiveTraffic data, you should see two arrows in the upper right corner. If you are seeing an antenna like icon, the system is using broadcast data.

Should the concern not be resolved after following these steps, please do not hesitate to contact us.
dartiss

Post by dartiss »

Oh yeah, I tried that but got a bit stuck part way through.
Go to the Mobile Apps section in SYNC HMI, find FordPass and click on the icon.
I assume this means to go into FordPress in the SYNC menu, right? If so, I have no icon near to FordPass. If I go into the option I have lots of options that I can enable or disable - all are enabled.