WiFi

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Notfer

Post by Notfer »

I wouldn't bother! You have to register whilst connected to it first, but I managed to use the freebie within 3 weeks! Not sure on what as I have an unlimited plan for phone! đź‘Ž

Jon_STLine

Post by Jon_STLine »

Spearmint wrote: ↑Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:22 pm 125D69C3-C8EC-4014-B891-46B61D13EF15.jpeg

And switching hotspot off and on comes up with this error
Signal any good? Typically that error occurs when it hasn’t activated Ph on the plan or it hasn’t downloaded the network settings for the sim.

Try turning off, driving a few miles and trying again?
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Had an email today from Voda today saying they were doing some update in the next 24 hours. Will have to wait and see!
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Jon_STLine

Post by Jon_STLine »

Spearmint wrote: ↑Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:20 pm Odd, I can connect via FordPass Connect button and change all the settings, but can’t start the hotspot. Everything is connected, just not enabling the hotspot
So it has a “cellular” data connection and can communicate with a tower but the sim
Isn’t activating PH on the account for some reason.

Speak to Ford and ask them to get the services checked.
Jon_STLine

Post by Jon_STLine »

Spearmint wrote: ↑Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:41 pm Had an email today from Voda today saying they were doing some update in the next 24 hours. Will have to wait and see!
Yeah sending through the settings again or updating the plan. 24 hours is a default check point but can usually be sooner depending on their own network traffic at the time.

I bet if you go and try later this evening it’s done.