Windscreen Washer Spray Jets

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
KJC62

Post by KJC62 »

Hi all this is my first post. Picked up my brand new Puma ST Line X last week and took it for its first long drive today. I had to use the washer spray to clean the windscreen but when I activated it the spray missed the windscreen altogether and went up onto the roof! Is this something I should bring up with Ford or try to rectify myself with a pin, etc to drop the spray down a bit.

Thank you in advance.
Puma ST Line Magnetic Grey Automatic

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Get your dealer to sort it. Spray jets are different these days, not like the old stick a pin in type.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

Lol....that's takes me back a bit...
woosydiver

Post by woosydiver »

Rizmo wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:51 pm Get your dealer to sort it. Spray jets are different these days, not like the old stick a pin in type.

They can be adjusted in a similar manner to the old jets, by using a small flat screwdriver not a pin. There are 2 horizontal slots on the jet, see photo. I adjusted mine today on a MY2020 and MY2022 Puma [yes, I have 2 x Puma's].
In the photo, you can see the jet is a sphere shape, allowing movement.

washernozzel.JPG

Living Down under with 2 Puma's;
2020, 92KW, Desert Island Blue
2022 with Park Assist and Powered Tailgate, 92KW, Magnetic
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

woosydiver wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:56 pm
Rizmo wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:51 pm Get your dealer to sort it. Spray jets are different these days, not like the old stick a pin in type.

They can be adjusted in a similar manner to the old jets, by using a small flat screwdriver not a pin. There are 2 horizontal slots on the jet, see photo. I adjusted mine today on a MY2020 and MY2022 Puma [yes, I have 2 x Puma's].
In the photo, you can see the jet is a sphere shape, allowing movement.
Hi

So which bit or both do you put screwdriver in and do you lift both then, is it on a pivot, as dealer told me they were not adjustable.on my 22 plate ST
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
woosydiver

Post by woosydiver »

The washer fluid comes out of the small hole in the middle, both slots top & botom are blank holes so either can be used to put a screwdriver in.

A little help from Mr. Google shows that Mercedes have almost the same nozzle with a tool being available. To find the tool on eBay UK, search for item 234774598929
I have ordered one of these [different seller] and will update here when I have recieved & tested it. The slots in the Ford washer do look different so I am not 100% confident the MB tool will fit correctly.

Photo below is the MB nozzle & tool.

MBtool.jpg

woosydiver

Post by woosydiver »

Update:

The tool I ordered from eBay does NOT fit the slots on the Puma.

I may take a file to the tool and see if I can get it to fit.
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

woosydiver wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:39 pm Update:

The tool I ordered from eBay does NOT fit the slots on the Puma.

I may take a file to the tool and see if I can get it to fit.
That is a shame, keep us updated as I’m sure they should be adjustable
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
woosydiver

Post by woosydiver »

The jets are adjustable, I mentioned that above. Just use a screwdriver in either of the slots. It's just the tool that doesn't fit.