Power tailgate retro fit

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

Ford dealer offered me a stock car with a power tailgate which I rejected in favour of one with the winter pack. I wondered if I would end up regretting it, but I've had no issues and see little reason for having one. Don't need it and don't want to pay for it. Better ways of spending five or 600 quid in my view.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

cianpars wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:00 pm Ford dealer offered me a stock car with a power tailgate which I rejected in favour of one with the winter pack. I wondered if I would end up regretting it, but I've had no issues and see little reason for having one. Don't need it and don't want to pay for it. Better ways of spending five or 600 quid in my view.
It's something that you don't need until you've got one. :D My last car had a winter pack and I never used it. The weather never got cold enough to even think about turning it on. So I'd have the power tailgate over a winter pack every time.
I guess that's why these things are options, everyone is different in their priorities.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

Sparks wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:34 am
cianpars wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:00 pm Ford dealer offered me a stock car with a power tailgate which I rejected in favour of one with the winter pack. I wondered if I would end up regretting it, but I've had no issues and see little reason for having one. Don't need it and don't want to pay for it. Better ways of spending five or 600 quid in my view.
It's something that you don't need until you've got one. :D My last car had a winter pack and I never used it. The weather never got cold enough to even think about turning it on. So I'd have the power tailgate over a winter pack every time.
I guess that's why these things are options, everyone is different in their priorities.
I wish someone had spec'd winter pack instead of 19" alloys on our car.. agreed though, I didn't think I would appreciate the power tailgate as much as I do now :D :D :D
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys
Marcusfofo

Post by Marcusfofo »

hi guys! anyone finally got a ford puma with rearcamera and powered liftgate?
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Marcusfofo wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:52 pm hi guys! anyone finally got a ford puma with rearcamera and powered liftgate?
Me, me, me
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Marcusfofo wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:52 pm hi guys! anyone finally got a ford puma with rearcamera and powered liftgate?
Mine came with both..... :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Just go to emerald struts,and see if they have any tailgate struts for the puma,got some for my fiesta and they work like a dream,had them.on for about 3 months now, oh the convenience is awesome,stupid ford wouldnt power tailgate the fiesta and the puma is still well well out of reach so i had to improvise
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Ali7487 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:46 pm Just go to emerald struts,and see if they have any tailgate struts for the puma,got some for my fiesta and they work like a dream,had them.on for about 3 months now, oh the convenience is awesome,stupid ford wouldnt power tailgate the fiesta and the puma is still well well out of reach so i had to improvise
Emerald Struts - I get it that the struts have enough force to lift open a tailgate. But, does it also mean that you need the strength of hercules to attempt to close the tailgate (as your now fighting the opening force of the struts)?
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Tommo56 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:18 pm
Ali7487 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:46 pm Just go to emerald struts,and see if they have any tailgate struts for the puma,got some for my fiesta and they work like a dream,had them.on for about 3 months now, oh the convenience is awesome,stupid ford wouldnt power tailgate the fiesta and the puma is still well well out of reach so i had to improvise
Emerald Struts - I get it that the struts have enough force to lift open a tailgate. But, does it also mean that you need the strength of hercules to attempt to close the tailgate (as your now fighting the opening force of the struts)?
Tried that....and no or at least when I last asked them a while back. Nothing available for the Puma!
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Nice simple mod, shame still nothing for the Puma :(
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6