Rear Left Outer Light / Lamp Concealed Unit Removal? L1TB-13405-AC

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
kirkyuk

Post by kirkyuk »

Problem Solved :D ! Well, I was almost at the point of cutting off the plastic retaining clip and replacing it with a bolt and rubber washer from the inside. I held out and sprayed WD40 into the joint as suggested by BjNtheBear. With my son holding the internal retaining clip from inside, just in case it wanted to fall in the base of the car, I pulled the light unit with some heavy force and it popped out, complete with retaining clip :shock: (shown below)? It didn't cause any damage to the body but I was surprised the whole thing came through the panel.

I still couldn't get the plastic retaining clip off the ball joint and I tried everything close to damaging it. The easiest solution was to unscrew the new ball joint from the new light and replace with the original ball joint with the retaining clip attached. With the principle of what comes out must go in, and seeing that the retaining clip is beveled I sprayed with WD40 and pushed the light back into the hole. This worked perfectly and locked in place. Screwed the light in and all works perfectly now. The wife is a very happy bunny!

Thanks for the helps everyone.

IMG_4156.jpg

Ford Puma ST Line X (First Edition) 155 Desert Island Blue

BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Perseverance is the best tool 👍(and some WD40😉😁)
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
Sagalout

Post by Sagalout »

Brilliant, so pleased. Strange the manual just says twist the lock and remove the fitting.
Puma ST-Line, 155ps, Agate Black, Parking pack, Rear privacy glass, Diamondbrite Premium pack.
Ordered 28th January 2022
zalewa10

Post by zalewa10 »

Hi,I’ve been trying to remove my rear lights ass well recently and this is how I made it. As suggested I have put some WD-40 on really thin screwdriver and touched the pin in order to oil it a little bit (I didn’t want to spray wd40 inside the car so putting it on screwdriver is better imo). Then i took some pulling rope and pried it underneath the lamp in the corner. Once the WD-40 started working i tried with 90 degree think screwdriver from the boot to touch the metal part of pin to push it out and my friend just ripped the ropes and the lamp came out beautifully without damaging yellow cap. We photos for better visualization

IMG_0525.jpeg

the radman

Post by the radman »

you just need to remember the lamp needs pulling out from the side and in an outwards motion and not to try to pull it backwards,they should come out pretty easy