Excessive number of wheel balance weights?

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Mike

Post by Mike »

I purchased from them also. My PDI was rubbish but they resolved the issues and gave me a free touch up pen. I think they are struggling a bit with the app side of things but no real issues, they couldnt look at my brake issue so been using a different dealer for that. Offered me a good deal to change but then the trade in equity halved due to not knowing when the car would be delivered.
Glad you got sorted.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )

Vantage

Post by Vantage »

Cheers Mike.

PDI on mine wasn't too bad but I still haven't got that showing on the App yet so not sure if that's Evans Halshaw's fault or Ford. I thought the salesman said that Ford do that side of things but haven't even got a printed version as yet.

The worst part was that on collection day, the valeter's had used that awful, shiny black, sticky tyre dressing which basically splattered up both sides of the car as I drove it home. As you can imagine, Grey Matter showed this up beautifully. Luckily it just dabbed off the bodywork with a soft, dry tissue but did take a bit of time to get every spot.

Before I took the car in to get the wheel sorted, I gave the wheels a quick clean but they looked awful after they had dried and had dirty stains on them. Even the silver sections of the ST Line X wheel had dirty patches on them. Again, this was the tyre dressing that had dried all over the wheels. I mentioned this to the salesman and he got the valeter's to clean them again but they weren't much better. They even put some more of that lovely tyre dressing on again!!!, bless them. The salesman was incredulous and wiped the excess off himself uttering deepest apologies. In the end I did the wheels myself using Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover on a cloth to get them clean and then finished off with some Super Resin polish to make them easier to clean in future. It took ages but they're looking good now.

The the only thing I would say about Evans Halshaw is, get rid of the tyre dressing on the valeting side.
Puma ST-Line X 155 | Manual | Grey Matter | Driver Assistance Pack | Winter Pack | Power Tailgate | Spare Wheel
Mike

Post by Mike »

The dealer puts the pdi on the app,
Took.them a while once i noticed it wasnt there and date is wrong because apparently if it was longer than 3 months they cannot back date.
The valeters left my footwell very dirry and covered it with the floor mat and took them a couple of times to get a mark off the paint but gave me a couple of bottles of the protection stuff they use ( cannot remember the name)
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

Cheers Mike, I'll get in touch with the dealer about recording the PDI. As you say, they're probably struggling with the app side of things.
Puma ST-Line X 155 | Manual | Grey Matter | Driver Assistance Pack | Winter Pack | Power Tailgate | Spare Wheel
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Glad you sorted it.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Vantage wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:42 pm Cheers Mike, I'll get in touch with the dealer about recording the PDI. As you say, they're probably struggling with the app side of things.
Honestly that doesn't wash. Ford dealerships are trained (or at least should be) with regard to on-line registration of both PDi and service records.
It takes all of 10minutes to complete sitting at a desk.
As part of the scheduled service routine (see ETIS for your Vin Scheduled servicing) this line is included >

"Digital service record Create Ford Approved Record in DSR"

Don't them get away with not working to process. The above is the very last documented line in the Ford pre delivery and service schedules.

Oh on the issue of tyre dressing, if done with care it should be fine. Some Dealerships use a mask when spraying to protect both wheel and bodywork.