New Owners Check Tyre Depth.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Hillian

Post by Hillian »

continental eco contact 6 showing 5.5 - 6 on new vignale today
ford puma 125 st line x, desert island blue, winter pack, dap and power tailgate

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Had a nail in the front offside too near the wall to repair :( so had to buy a new Continental (£142 local independent).
Checked the tread depth and it's still just shy of 6mm brand new. Tyres don't seem to be wearing badly though, so maybe Continental are getting it right... :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

Hi all.
Just thought I'd give us all an update on the Conti tyre wear on my car. It's for info only, given in good faith and reference my earlier post in this thread.
My car has 36509 miles on it now.
I've just put my vernier calliper gauge across all four tyres. Lowest reading is 4.0mm now.
By my reckoning again, these tyres have now done 25000miles with approx 11000 miles on the winters, which will not be put on this car this year because she is finally going :cry: and a new ST will replace her :D .
How is everybody else getting on with their tyres, now we have some decent mileage on our cars?
2020 Puma ST - Line X First Edition - 125 mHEV - Race Red - (Released back into the wild)
2023 Puma ST - Frozen White - Driver Assistance Pack & Powered Tailgate - Machined Magnetite Wheels
alanp

Post by alanp »

20,600 miles on mine, lowest tread on near side front, 3.8 mm
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

My ST, 2 years old (well almost) with just over 10k on the clock. Thinking I need to renew the Pilot Sport 4s FP tyres on the front now. Rear tyres 50% worn so okay.
Front tyres still have some life, but keen to keep a spare with some useful life.
I already have a brand new original spare wheel with new 4S FP tyre fitted ready and waiting. So in affect just need to purchase one new new tyre to complete a new set for the front.
Expected wear to be honest given my set up, always drive in sport mode and on occasion in track mode with ESC on and have Mountune M235 mapping.