Auto Locking

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Notfer

Post by Notfer »

Has anyone figures out how to activate auto locking - not to be confused with auto unlocking.

I'm currently in a chat with Ford via FB and they can't seem to understand the difference between unlock and lock.

If you look in the manual both options are present and described, yet no option is present in the menu setting for auto locking.

Anyone any ideas?

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Any luck with this?

My mates Mazda 3 locks itself when he walks away from it. Makes a chirp like some Ford models do with the mislock setting selected and you've left a door/boot ajar.

Presumably the car no longer detects the key is in range after you have switched off and walked away.
gsd0475

Post by gsd0475 »

The auto locking is for when you are driving or if you have unlocked your car and no door has been opened for about 45 seconds. It does not lock if you park up, get out and walk away. Where it is on the settings I'll have a look tomorrow. In the dealership to sign my paperwork, I'll have a look at the demonstrator
Puma ST Line X FE 155 (March 1st)
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X9VXONMv7OM

From Ford U.S I know, but may be of interest to you. Doesn't appear as though Ford has walkaway locking in use.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

This is in the online manual

Autolock
Autolock locks all the doors when all of the following occur:
All doors are closed.
The ignition is on.
Your vehicle reaches a speed greater than 12 mph (20 km/h).
Switching Autolock On and Off
Using the information display controls on the steering wheel, select Settings.
Select Vehicle Settings.
Select Locks.
Switch Autolock on and off.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Ratedxan

Post by Ratedxan »

Notfer wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:39 am Has anyone figures out how to activate auto locking - not to be confused with auto unlocking.

I'm currently in a chat with Ford via FB and they can't seem to understand the difference between unlock and lock.

If you look in the manual both options are present and described, yet no option is present in the menu setting for auto locking.

Anyone any ideas?
Did you manage to resolve this issue??
Neil76

Post by Neil76 »

I've read through the manual and played with the options in the digital display with no result! Will ask the service department on Friday when I take it in for the airbag recall.
Ratedxan

Post by Ratedxan »

Neil76 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:22 pm I've read through the manual and played with the options in the digital display with no result! Will ask the service department on Friday when I take it in for the airbag recall.
Same, mine shows auto locking enabled but when I drive the doors dont automatically lock. Very strange.
mart108

Post by mart108 »

Did you manage to get the auto locking to work?
I can't find the option in the cluster either.
Notfer

Post by Notfer »

No, still waiting for Ford to get back to me - will chase again today.