Self service oil change

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

Alan321 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:17 am If you're going to change the oil yourself then fit a genuine Ford filter, IMHO nobody would know.
Exactly this.. and I wouldn't even bother documenting it either as long as you adhere to the official service schedule and dealer network. Out of the warranty period.. do what you want.
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys

LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

That's correct, they only can see it if you use another oil filter brand that pops out to the mechanic during the service, if he have the order to report it, and/or if the car is monitored by remote when you make the oil reset on the dashboard of your car.
If you make it yourself with the same exact oil filter and don't reset the oil service indicator on your car then nobody will know for sure :P
LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

Alan321 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:17 am If you're going to change the oil yourself then fit a genuine Ford filter, IMHO nobody would know.
:mrgreen:
LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

pompeydave wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:32 am It certainly is a risk taking elsewhere but what a sad little world we live in. I’d much rather leave my car with local garage who I’ve used for years and 100% happy with than leave car with the Ford tech in the workshop who will try and do everything in half the time to get some sort of bonus at the end of the month! I’ve worked for several main dealers in the parts dept over the years and even now would rather use local mechanic. These manufacturers just want all the business and charge us a fortune.
I totally agree.
Then I'm not 100% sure they're going to put the best oil suggested by the factory. Our Puma's ecoboost engine is very delicate, a wrong oil would mess up in no time the wet timing belt.
Thanx guys 👍
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

pompeydave wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:32 am It certainly is a risk taking elsewhere but what a sad little world we live in. I’d much rather leave my car with local garage who I’ve used for years and 100% happy with than leave car with the Ford tech in the workshop who will try and do everything in half the time to get some sort of bonus at the end of the month! I’ve worked for several main dealers in the parts dept over the years and even now would rather use local mechanic. These manufacturers just want all the business and charge us a fortune.
I agree with you about using a local garage (I do the same for my wife's Fiat 500) but with all the hybrid technology, computer updates etc, are they truly capable of servicing a Puma ?
Titanium 125, Solar Silver
LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

An oil change and oil filter is extremely an easy task for any mechanic. Even on the Puma, which is not different from any other vehicle.
I won't take the car anywhere different from Ford for tasks like replacement of the timing belt or deep services.