Tech manual

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

Hi there, is it already available a mechanical manual for our Puma?
Then is also available a parts catalog with original part numbers?

Thanx in advance!

Cheers

Jojo

Post by Jojo »

So I finally picked up my beautiful Puma on the 11th Dec after over 4 months waiting
I asked if there was a manual and the salesman said you don't need it it's all on there and pointed to the sync screen.
Did everyone else get their manual? Don't they usually come with the nice cloth bound case with all the books in?
I know ford are cutting costs but surely they have to supply the manual on a brand new car?
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

September 2020 came with a printed Owners Manual. Just in case you missed it there is an upper shelf in the Glove Box for manuals and paperwork.

Your online Owners Manual (filtered for your VIN) can be found in the FordPass app or if you log on to ford.co.uk.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

No need for two threads on the same subject, on the same day, within minutes of each other 🤷‍♂️🙄 - now merged
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Jojo

Post by Jojo »

Thank you Lightfoot I did look there as my fiesta had the same shelf

Apologies Neils I did see littlepumas post but assumed they were after a Haynes type manual which is not what I was meaning 🤷🏻‍♀️
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Not a problem. Just keeping things tidy to avoid confusing us (any more than we are already) 🤪
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
manc

Post by manc »

I had one when I bought mine in April, but was manufactured Nov 2020
Puma ST-Line Vignale 1.0 125PS Mhev in Desert Island Blue (19" Alloys, PTG, Sunroof)
Pete2057

Post by Pete2057 »

Not sure if there is a mechanical/repair manual available yet. Ordered my Puma late November and asked the salesman if the vehicle came with an owners manual, he said it didn’t. The manual he said is now online at the Ford site as it a more green approach. I’ve used the site before for my present vehicle but it is awful to get around. Checked the Ford website for my upcoming Puma and low and behold the manual was there in PDF format and downloadable, job done.
LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

Hello, I'm talking about pure mechanic guides, not the simple user manual.
Those made by Ford, i suppose those manuals are only available for Ford mechanics, not the customers, very hard to see them outside the repair shops.
It's probably too early to find them on the net.

What about the OEM parts catalogue instead? That might be more convenient to find at some point.
Let's hope in the future...
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Not what is wanted I know, but, regarding Haynes Manuals, I emailed them to ask the question and got the following answer.

"Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately we are not currently working on any new print Manuals.

We are in the process of creating an exciting and comprehensive new automotive maintenance and repair product called Autofix that will cover around 95% of car makes and models – an increase of around 40% over our current Workshop Manual coverage. This will provide consumers with more choice than ever before.

Keep an eye out on Haynes.com to be the first to hear about our new releases".

There is nothing on their website for the Puma, yet...
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.