Keyless on Passenger side

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
manc

Post by manc »

Hi
I know people have had this before, how was it solved? Seems that I cannot open or close the passenger door using keyless (by pressing the 3 marks). Works fine on drivers door, which opens all doors
I must admit it did work when I first got the car, but only tried again a few days ago, when i noticed it didn't work
I will have to book in and get battery recharged as well, getting the usual message in the app regarding shutting down to save the battery, although only said went to sleep once!
Thanks
Puma ST-Line Vignale 1.0 125PS Mhev in Desert Island Blue (19" Alloys, PTG, Sunroof)

Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I think it’s one of the first indicators of a flat battery. I think others have had the same issue.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Would like to know how new owners are fairing with this issue. Say cars that are less than 2 months old. Are they getting any shutdown messages or other battery related warnings.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
MagneticGrey

Post by MagneticGrey »

I don't have keyless entry on mine, but I can't open the front passenger door from the fob. All the other doors are ok. It used to work ok, but I have had "remote features disabled" messages on three occasions which may be related.
Puma ST-Line X 155 Magnetic (previous)
Nissan Qashqai Tekna E-Power (present)
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Same problem with my keyless entry a few weeks back. Was told that the passenger door is one of the first thing to go when the battery charge level is low.

That said, it did work from the fob though.

New battery fitted and so far so good.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,