Warranty Work

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

A question that a friend has just asked on FB.

If you get your car repaired under warranty should you get a job sheet or an entry somewhere? Thinking back I've had a new rear window, a new battery and some paintwork sorted but have nothing in writing other than the emails I wrote to the dealership. I'm not too fussed as I will be swapping the car on 3 years I think but I wondered if anyone else has received written confirmation of warranty work that has been carried out?
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.

Spoonface

Post by Spoonface »

I found a paint defect on a new Ford once, they sorted it but no paperwork. It's probably a good thing to have something as the current owner but wouldn't want to new owner to see that it was a Friday afternoon car when I came to sell it on.
Hers: ST-Line Design Frozen White | His: ST-Line Grey Matter
jimmy999

Post by jimmy999 »

Hi folks. I hope some folk put on some more answers to the original post. I'll be interested to see what others have to say and how they got on. I've been going through a small warranty problem with my puma. Ford customer relationship centre are hopeless. For 4 months now they have been nothing trying to find a body shop to make a repair to two doors as a result of their quality control failing to pick up the fault before delivering the car. I have now got the executive office dealing with my complaint. The garages are arguing over an engineering or body problem and I'm stuck in the middle. The garage I deal with is retail / engineering only. Nobody is interested. Engineers at their headquarters are saying body problem.
(Formerly) Puma ST Line X Vignale 155 ps Agate Black. (Now) 23.75 Kuga 2.5 ltr FHEV. Vignale. Lucid Red. Driver's Assistance & Technology packs. Spare Wheel and Dash Cam.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi, not had anything for the puma when it has been in but my problems were more to do with crap PDi and final assy inspection. When i had my Bmw for example and it went in for some stuff a few times and they gave me paperwork initially and then stopped basically saying it was between the garage and manufacturer and since i wasn't paying i wasn't getting any paperwork, sometimes depends on the dealer or person your speaking to. With BMW you can call a number and they will give you the history of a vehicle if you are looking to buy a 2nd hand one so if i was purchasing another i could find out if it had had any warranty/ service/ repair work done in the bmw network or if it had been trouble free and only in for routine maintenance.
Not sure if Ford have anything similar, and when i have mentioned a few things like the gearbox noise when i first got it they said it was on file now and ford knew about it so if anything was to happen there is a record of my complaint but no paperwork other than emails which i keep.
As for Jimmy999 ford/ dealer just need to sort it regardless of who the fault lies with, if the car is on any finance other than Ford you could get them involved since it is their car until paid for.
Personally i have had no problem with Ford customer service, they even sent me a generous gift card for the DAB issue.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Spoonface wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:46 pm I found a paint defect on a new Ford once, they sorted it but no paperwork. It's probably a good thing to have something as the current owner but wouldn't want to new owner to see that it was a Friday afternoon car when I came to sell it on.
Pretty much how I see it. Do I really want a potential buyer to know my back door paint was a poor job or I’ve had a new rear window?
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Stoopo wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:03 pm A question that a friend has just asked on FB.

If you get your car repaired under warranty should you get a job sheet or an entry somewhere? Thinking back I've had a new rear window, a new battery and some paintwork sorted but have nothing in writing other than the emails I wrote to the dealership. I'm not too fussed as I will be swapping the car on 3 years I think but I wondered if anyone else has received written confirmation of warranty work that has been carried out?
I recently had all the bottoms of the doors repainted under warranty and got a job sheet etc.

That was with Perry's.
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

I've nothing in my service record, should at least have the PDI info which is missing, if they're replacing paper for electronic info then they need to up their game a little.
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Stoopo wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:03 pm A question that a friend has just asked on FB.

In one word the answer is No. On my previous Fords (Focus RS mk3) and also a MK1 RS they both had warranty work as well as on the Mk3 some serious recall work (wrong Head Gasket installed during manufacture). Did I get copies of the job sheets? I asked and yes I did. But at no time are they obliged to give you this. Nor do they need to record it in your service book some place. Ford do indeed record warranty & recall work but it isn't something the customer will have access to.