Noisy air con

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
steve63

Post by steve63 »

Hi,
I have a 2021 ST-lineX Vignale 155hp.
I have noticed that the aircon motor is very noisy especially when driving at low speeds. It is a loud whining noise that increases with acceleration. If I turn off the air con the noise disappears.
I have taken it back to the dealer and they have check the gas level. This was ok. They told me that that they checked another couple of cars they have in stock and they were the same. My last car was a fiesta ST MK8 which had a similar issue but did not sound as bad.
Has anyone else experienced this issue. I think I might have to take it back again for them to have another look

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Apart from fan noise when on full blast I have no sounds at all from the A/C.
So, I think your dealer may have been a bit short on the facts. Ask them if you can listen to the other vehicles yourself. May be loose belts or lack of lubrication, I doubt it's a gas problem, that usually manifests as A/C not getting cold.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

My aircon is only noisy when the fan is on high (when the car is a heating up or cooling down). The only whine I ever hear (except the one from the passenger seat) is from the electric motor powering the mild hybrid engine boost which is actually more noticeable with the windows open.

I'm wondering whether that is the whine you are hearing.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I get a little bit of noise but virtually unnoticeable , you can hear the extra load on the engine
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )