Odd display message

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Iainrr55

Post by Iainrr55 »

After nearly a year and a half of ownership yesterday I had this odd message pop up briefly

"Brakes applied, power reduced"

Any ideas why or what it's about???
Titanium First Edition 125 -> 155 mhev
----- Lucid Red ------

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Check your floor mats aren't fouling the brake pedal. If that's OK you may have been hitting the brake pedal while accelerating.
Did it just appear and go or stay there?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Message will appear if you travel over 3mph with the hand brake not released.
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

I had this message appear once. Handbrake was released and nothing fouling the pedals. Only ever happened once in 3300 miles. No reason for it that I was aware of at all.
Iainrr55

Post by Iainrr55 »

Just appeared and went away after a few seconds. Handbrake definitely not on.
Thought about braking while foot on accelerator and tried to recreate that but nothing came up.
Another computerish mystery....
Titanium First Edition 125 -> 155 mhev
----- Lucid Red ------
kevmond

Post by kevmond »

I occasionally get this message pop up, although I often side foot the throttle whilst braking & changing down through the gears. A poor habit perhaps possibly picked up from having carbureted cars that used to stall!
White ST with Performance pack.
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Another "odd" message that appeared on my main dash display today for the first time ever was "Construction Works Ahead" and a subsequent road work sign flashing at me on the roadsigns display I have enabled (there was no roadworks signs visible along the route when it reported all this, and I've been through these roadworks a few times before today). Is this Local Hazard Information in action??? If so, its the first time LHI has reported anything on my car. Makes me wonder if the latest Ford Sync update has fixed a few things outside of Sync???
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Mine comes up with the roadworks message only when there is roadworks, so all ok.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

One of the few things that work, except that it only shows when it's pre-planned longish works. The one day jobs etc aren't shown and they are usually the ones you get stuck in.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I got a message telling me of a traffic jam ahead. I think it was a connected message from another Ford driver. Got me out of a long wait as I turned off as soon as I got it.

I often get the roadwork message. The speed camera warning is also a godsend - even though I rarely speed ;-)
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.