Fuel filler security

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

As there is no visible lock on the Puma fuel filler flap/tube. Does anyone know if there is any form of security, installed as standard, to stop someone siphoning off fuel??

Im asking this as its been occurring in the last week or so during the tanker driver/fuel fiasco.

(I've asked this question in another thread, but its off topic there and hidden pages in. Hence the separate new topic). Cheers,
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.

NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Doesn’t it have a secondary flap inside the filler pipe that only the correct nozzle unlocks?

I’m guessing if someone copied or had a spare nozzle that they could adapt to siphon off fuel.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Check out Youtube videos on siphoning. Based on this Ford need to look again at security.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Some cars have a ball in the tube to the tank, if anything longer than the filler nozzle is shoved in the ball seals the tank stopping any fuel being removed, also stops fuel leaking if the car rolls over, not sure if the puma is like this.
If someone really wants your petrol I rather they siphoned it than put a hole in my tank and drained itl
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

The system is over a decade old now and is anti-syphon so no need for any other caps/security. Besides, as Mike says fuel thieves now just punch a hole in the tank and drain them that way. :cry:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

30385F97-6661-4A65-9A1E-81F67550BBB8.png

One thing I have noticed is that, unlike my Focus, there is no funnel provided should you need to add fuel from a container. My Focus had one that sat neatly on the inside of the boot and I used it a few times to add STP diesel cleaner.

You can’t simply add petrol without having a funnel to open the inner flap.

I guess it’s another Ford money saving exercise - or am I missing mine - somewhere hidden away?

Or is it not needed for petrol vehicles?
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Stoopo wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:14 pm
thing I have noticed is that, unlike my Focus, there is no funnel provided should you need to add fuel from a container. My Focus had one that sat neatly on the inside of the boot and I used it a few times to add STP diesel cleaner.

I guess it’s another Ford money saving exercise - or am I missing mine - somewhere hidden away?

I found mine in the Glove box!!
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Sparks wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:22 pm
Stoopo wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:14 pm
thing I have noticed is that, unlike my Focus, there is no funnel provided should you need to add fuel from a container. My Focus had one that sat neatly on the inside of the boot and I used it a few times to add STP diesel cleaner.

I found mine in the Glove box!!

I’ll check when I get home. I know my handbook is in there but never saw a funnel. Maybe the wife’s shewee will fit 😂😂
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

Mine was in with the wheel brace and pump in the boot compartment, maybe worth checking there?
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT