Rear shock absorber leak

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but another fault.
Just spotted the offside rear shock is leaking oil on mine! Booked in for a week Friday with the dealer, will report back afterwards.
Dealer did say that some builds have had a recall for this (detailed in another thread on here) but not for my Puma. Couldn’t confirm at this stage if both will be replaced…
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT

BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Probably not primed properly before fitment 👎
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
DesertIslandBlue

Not a priming issue (that usually manifests as a soft shock and resolves itself after a few miles) - nice pool of oil under the car and the shock and coil covered in it... :shock:
DesertIslandBlue

Just returned from dealer and confirmed as a faulty shock and renewal authorised by Ford. They had no spares, so back next week for replacement…

Interestingly the service receptionist said they had four Pumas in the last couple of weeks with the same fault. Wonder if a further batch of recalls is coming 🤔

Sadly Ford would only authorise the faulty one to be changed rather than a pair. Just hope the other one holds out (or expires within the warranty period)🤞
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

Personally I would not have them replace just one. Always a pair. I would give them hell.
DesertIslandBlue

JFDIT wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:09 pm Personally I would not have them replace just one. Always a pair. I would give them hell.
Tried my best with them but if Ford won’t cough up there’s not much the dealer can do…
I did suggest that they could tell a little white lie about the other showing signs of leakage but got no change .
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

Go there tomorrow morning, Saturday, and have a loud conversation about the problem when customers are there looking to buy a new car. This sort of nonsense from dealers and the typical "British'" response of taking their bullsh'@# really makes me made!

Good luck whatever you choose to do.