Sound enhancer

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

@Stoopo, Where is the Sound enhancer on the ST-Line X and how do you turn it off?

Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

JFDIT wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:53 pm @Stoopo, Where is the Sound enhancer on the ST-Line X and how do you turn it off?
It only comes on when you go into Sport Mode. As far as I know you can’t adjust it or switch it off. It plays the enhanced sound through the speakers.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Looking at the new car spec they’ve removed it I think. It’s now only on the ST.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Stoopo wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:48 pm The symposer is on the ST’s.

The enhancer is on the ST Line X

They are different in that the the former enhances the sound outside and the latter inside.
There is nothing coming through my speakers when in sport mode. I don't believe the ST Line X has any enhancer or the Active noise control.....If it does, it's not very good. :roll:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Sparks wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:05 pm
Stoopo wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:48 pm The symposer is on the ST’s.

The enhancer is on the ST Line X

They are different in that the the former enhances the sound outside and the latter inside.
There is nothing coming through my speakers when in sport mode. I don't believe the ST Line X has any enhancer or the Active noise control.....If it does, it's not very good. :roll:

Probably because it wasn’t a available on the 125 bhp. Only the 155bhp got it. I think even the 155 has lost it on the latest spec.

Mine certainly has it.
Vin

Post by Vin »

Sound symposer was on fiesta St mk7, mk8 fiesta St has sound enhancement played through speakers as will the puma’s that have engine sound enhancement,
Puma St line X 125 MHEV with power tailgate.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Think I will hold out for a 155,it sounds well cool
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

The object for me is to have the quietist car possible. (it's lovely travelling in a Roller.. :D ). Enhancing engine noise in the cabin...Why? It's akin to those nut jobs who try to make their cars sound 'Sporty' and end up with a car that sounds crap.
Each to their own, but no thanks. :?
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Symposer/ enhancer.... seems the Puma might have one or the other based on trim and/or build date. But how can you tell if you have one or the other, or not. If anyone knows...
where can you look on the Puma to confirm if you have a enhancer, or if you have a symposer?
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Tommo56 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:04 pm Symposer/ enhancer.... seems the Puma might have one or the other based on trim and/or build date. But how can you tell if you have one or the other, or not. If anyone knows...
where can you look on the Puma to confirm if you have a enhancer, or if you have a symposer?
Look on the other page of this thread.....There is a video there which may or may not show where it is.... ;)