Sound enhancer

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Anyone any idea how the Ford engine sound enhancer works on the Puma. It sounds like I have one on my Vignale when in Sport mode. Is it through the B&O speaker system? (If so there is no volume adjustment), or a separate speaker? Or what.

It sounds quite pleasant inside the car (certainly made me smile) but I get the feeling that outside it still sounds like just a revvy 3 cylinder asthmatic lawn mower :D :D :D
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.

cianpars

Post by cianpars »

Not sure, but I thought this was only on the ST
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

cianpars wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:45 am Not sure, but I thought this was only on the ST
Haha! You're probably right, I've no idea. If the Ford Sound Enhancer has menu somewhere in Sync3 or a knob to twiddle, then I haven't got it :roll:

Maybe it was just the fact I've never driven 3 cylinder auto in Sport mode before.... but it still sounded very nice in the cabin :D :D
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

The 'Sound Symposer', when fitted, gives sound from a tube in the engine bay, not through the speakers.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

My 155 st line x has it. In Sport, if I welly it, there’s definitely a more sporty boom in the cab.

Not sure if the 125 has it. Don’t think so.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

...and there is no adjustment for it. It’s “on” or “off” depending on Sport mode.
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Sparks wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:04 am The 'Sound Symposer', when fitted, gives sound from a tube in the engine bay, not through the speakers.
Is it visible from under the bonnet?
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

Ford could've saved the money and fitted a proper engine!
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Tommo56 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:12 am
Sparks wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:04 am The 'Sound Symposer', when fitted, gives sound from a tube in the engine bay, not through the speakers.
Is it visible from under the bonnet?
Yes, but, AFAIK, it's only in ST's...See this Fiesta ST Video for some insight into what it is....
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

The symposer is on the Fiesta ST’s. Not sure about the Focus ST. The Puma ST spec shows sound enhancer which is basically what my 155 has got but is no longer in the new car spec.

The enhancer is on the Puma ST Line X 155bhp.

They are different in that the the former enhances the sound outside and the latter inside. My brother in law has aFiesta ST and it sounds like a rally car when he goes down our street with it on.
Last edited by Stoopo on Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.